Warsaw Trophy thoughts

Abby_TheLastofUs

Apparently if you keep playing the game, the Jan codex pops after completing a mission.. unlike the other characters whose codex entry pops when u get the character during a post mission 'event', the character Jan will not have his codex entry register when you get him.  After I did a mission and got back to the hideout it registered and showed up finally.

Edited by ByteTyson
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Got the platinum finally.  Wanted to provide some pointers to help future hunters:

Tactical Retreat Retreat from a mission.  To do this, you have to HOLD the Triangle button for 3 seconds to leave a mission without completing it.  There is no 'indicator' on the screen that informs you that you are initiating a retreat.  I kept hitting buttons to try to see a "Retreat" prompt but nothing worked.  This trophy is easy peasy just need  to know to hold Triangle.

The Complete Record Unlock all entries in the Chronicle.  This one comes last usually.  Couple points to make:

1) The character Jan will not have his codex updated when you get him for some reason.  See my posts above.  I got it to update after completing a mission with him and returning to the hideout.

2) There are about 4 enemies that are only encountered as part of a mission.   3 of the tanks and one of the artillery guns.  You can 'rotate' the missions that show up by returning to Main Menu and then restarting your save:  this will refresh the missions that show up and you should abuse this to make sure you find the special missions to destroy each tank, etc.

63 Days of Glory Survive for 63 days with at least four districts still standing.  I got this on my first playthrough on Easy/Easy difficulty.  Three main tips:  1) Ignore the two 60 Morale districts

2)  Select the 5 day missions as frequently as possible.  You can't play too many 3 day missions otherwise your attrition will rise too much and it will make this harder.  3) Buy morale from Excursions and abuse the "return to Main Menu" to refresh the Morale boosts to +10 or +14 instead of the lowest +6 value.   Sell ammo to get resources if you are low.

Cheli Venco Deho Complete all unique insurgent events.  These insurgent events will show up as "missions" you select at the hideout.  After pooling enough unused XP for a character, eventually a mission will show up that gives you a named "Weapon" instead of the usual Damaged Weapon reward.  Keep a list handy of which characters you completed since there is no easy way to track it.  You can try to use the codex, but it can be clunky and confusing to use that as an official record of which characters you completed their special mission for.  Some folks get confused by expecting these missions to show up as special 'events' within a mission but this is not true.  These are standalone 'missions' that you select from the Hideout, you can see the name of the Mission corresponds with the Special Mission listed at the bottom of the character's codex entry, but it is easier to just look at the Weapon reward to know it is a Character Special Mission.

Rockets Away Collect every type of Heavy Weapon in the game.  These various weapon achievements were the last ones for me to complete.  Just do missions that reward you with a "Damaged Weapon" for the type of weapon that you need and repair the weapon in the Hideout after completing the mission until you eventually get them all.  This was tedious and took a while.  I probably did around 5 playthroughs before getting them all.

A Straight Flush Recruit every unique insurgent in the game at least once.  Once every 3 missions, you will encounter an "Event" after the mission completes called New Blood.  This event will give you a new character which will be added to your list of heroes to choose from.  If you get a character that you have already obtained from previous runs, you can close down the game and restart your save until you get a 'new' character you haven't gotten yet.

Edited by ByteTyson
  • Like 1

• 5 months later...