Warsaw Trophy thoughts

Abby_TheLastofUs

WARSAW is a challenging turn-based tactical RPG set in an occupied capital during WWII. Pick your heroes. Select salvaged arms. Navigate historic streets. Stand up to occupying forces. And try to survive the 63 days of hell in this historically accurate portrayal of Poles fighting for their city.

Use everything at your disposal to help a team of accidental heroes survive the onslaught in their home city and overcome tremendous odds stacked against them in this tactical rpg set on the streets of occupied Warsaw of 1944.

LEAD YOUR TEAM

01_base_small_(2).gif?t=1593169187

Enlist the help of men and women, soldiers and civilians, the young and the old and use their unique skills, expertise and abilities to challenge the enemy. Meet people from all walks of life united in their attempt to overthrow the German occupiers.

OWN YOUR SKILLS

02_flamer_small.gif?t=1593169187

Create a mix of versatile skills that will allow you to flank your enemies, detonate obstacles, snipe stragglers and push or pull enemies into the area where your carefully planned attacks deal the most damage.

Make sure your Heroes are stacked with the right weapons salvaged, obtained from the enemy or air drops. Develop them using medal system to unlock a unique set of skills, and construct the best team of all the Heroes – both joining the forces and enlisted in the Hideout in exchange for the collected resources.

MAKE YOUR MOVES

03_map_small_(2).gif?t=1593169187

Make your way on the carefully reconstructed map of Warsaw of 1944, encountering both historical and random events that immerse you in the story of the city that valiantly stood up to the Nazi oppressor. Patrol the streets fulfilling the orders issued by HQ, discover facts about the past of your Heroes and decide when to fight, and when to withdraw.

SURVIVE THE UPRISING

04_grenade_small(2).gif?t=1593169187

Learn all the strengths and weaknesses of your assigned team. Find the best combination of personnel, weapons and skills to overcome more and more lethal enemies thrown to quell the uprising. Fight your way through infantry, specialized troops, heavily armed units, special ordnance and armored vehicles. Make your choices in the many story infused events and live with their results. And don’t let the ever increasing ferocity and intensity of forces thrown your way stop you from your one goal. Turning your Heroes into survivors. Not victims.

MAIN FEATURES

05_steam_characters.png?t=1593169187

• Turn-based tactical rpg with characters of varying classes, and with skill and resource management in immersive WWII setting
  • A deep tactical combat system with multitude of complementing skills, weapons and character abilities
  • Character stories and backgrounds delivered through gameplay as well as numerous historical and fictional events happening under specific game’s circumstances
  • Incredible replay value due to non-linear gameplay

Out September 29th.

The trophy list is now available.

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/11442-warsaw

Edited by Abby_TheLastofUs
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I have managed to keep 4 districts by the end of 63 days of the Warsaw Uprising on normal difficulty setting ! What a miracle !

Phew, that was tough.

What I did to achieve this:

1. At the start ignore the weak 2 districts with 60 points, try to do everything in your power to save those with 75 and 90 strength

2. Save heavy ammo.

3.Mainly choose easy missions with resource/drops collecting and without enganging in fights.

4. Do not forget about camo cloak - it allows you to sneak near annoying patrols.

5. Recruit two regular insurgents/cheerleaders at the start and give them Piat rocket launchers + fortel/trick skill.

6. Best heroes - Magda the heavy weapon expert, Krzysztof the AK soldier and Jadwiga the medic.

Edited by starscream171

6 hours ago, starscream171 said:

I have managed to keep 4 districts by the end of 63 days of the Warsaw Uprising on normal difficulty setting ! What a miracle !

Phew, that was tough.

1. At the start ignore the weak 2 districts with 60 points, try to do everything in your power to save those with 75 and 90 strength

2. Save heavy ammo.

3.Mainly choose easy missions with resoruces collecting and without enganging in fights.

4. Do not forget about camo cloak - it allows you to sneak near annoying patrols.

5. Recruit two regular insurgents/cheerleaders at the start and give them Piat rocket launchers + fortel/trick skill.

6. Best heroes - Magda the heavy weapon expert, Krzysztof the AK soldier and Jadwiga the medic.

Those are solid gameplay tips, sure. Especially if one wants to advance quickly through the game.

But the type of mission, how long you stay in it or how many encounter you triggered has no effect whatsoever on the morale.

63 Days of Glory is completely depending on a districts morale.

Understanding how that system works (and what little tricks the game let's you use by it's design) is the key in my eyes (unlocked the trophy last evening).

So here we go: Warsaw Morale System 101

- Each district will loose morale for every day that passed, based on how high the attrition (the yellow bar below it's morale value) is at that point.

- Each mission you choose says how many days it will last. You'll always have the choice between a 3 day, 4 day and 5 day one.

- The districts you don't do the mission in will get +1 on the attrition bar.

- The district you choose to do the mission won't loose morale or increase on the second bar, if successful.

An example:

You just started the game and choose a 5 day mission as your very first. After finishing the mission, 2 districts will get +1 on the yellow bar. 5 days passed, multiplied by 1, these two will loose 5 morale.

If you do a 5 day mission later in the game, and have several districts at like 4/10 or 5/10 already, those will loose 20 (5 days * 4 attrition) and 25 morale (5 days * 5 attrition) in one go.

It's also possible to simply skip a single day. In that case will all three offered missions fail and get +1 on attrition. But the districts will only loose one day worth of attrition (this is worth to remember if you end up with 61 or 62 days - skipping reduces morale less than playing a mission which will be 3 days minimum).

Like Starscream wrote, use whatever possibility you get to increase the morale. There are events inside the missions that help a lot with that.

Like: "You secured a building that was a German outpost. What do you do with it?" - choose a medical post to help the civilians for morale boost.

Or: "You are helping to clean the area after a bombing." - choose the church and save the trapped civilian for morale boost.

And so on. However, not every encounter has options with positive morale.

The main way to increase morale however is to send out dispatches into the districts, offered by the same person giving you the missions.

Sometimes he only offers one dispatch, other times it's up to 5. In order to pay those it's necessary to sell weapons you don't need, as well as excess ammunition and useables.

To finish this text, here's a little trick (I'm not proud of it, but it will help a lot):

The game autosaves when you get back to your hideout. If the mission guy only offers a single dispatch, or if the missions are to your dislike, you can quit to the main menu (press options, followed by holding triangle) and load again.

Each time the HQ is loaded, his missions and dispatches change. That way you can better your odds, by gaining more dispatches, or by rotating missions til he offers one for the one district you can't afford to get negative morale on at that moment.

Once I figured those things out, it was way easier to decide on which missions to take. Being able to calculate which mission will reduce how many morale on which district will help out a lot.

But you still require a lot of luck with getting positive events during the missions. Those can be the final decider on whether or not the morale values will screw you or not.

• Like 2

Just a few more questions.

I have managed to get the trophies related to all weapon types.

My chronicle says 

1.Characters 15/17 I am only missing the MALE DOCTOR trophy, but I did not get the character entry about Jan, the guardian, even though I got him earlier ?

I have

Ernest, Janos, Constantine, Helena, Martin, Mario the engineer, Anna, Henry, Francis the scout, Kaz the smuggler, Wanda, Bronislaw, Christopher.

Why the f*** does it say 15/17 when I have not only recruited the doctor but have Jan ?

Edited by starscream171

16 hours ago, Jjos said:

Those are solid gameplay tips, sure. Especially if one wants to advance quickly through the game.

But the type of mission, how long you stay in it or how many encounter you triggered has no effect whatsoever on the morale.

Understanding how that system works (and what little tricks the game let's you use by it's design) is the key in my eyes (unlocked the trophy last evening).

Answer me this, please !

Cheli Venco Deho
Complete all unique insurgent events.

Which of these unique insurgent events are the most unique/missable district wise ?

Any input/tips/info ?

This is the last trophy I need for platinum besides the
 recruit the doctor trophy.

16 hours ago, Jjos said:

On 8.10.2020 at 8:57 AM, Jjos said:

So here we go: Warsaw Morale System 101

- Each district will loose morale for every day that passed, based on how high the attrition (the yellow bar below it's morale value) is at that point.

- Each mission you choose says how many days it will last. You'll always have the choice between a 3 day, 4 day and 5 day one.

- The districts you don't do the mission in will get +1 on the attrition bar.

- The district you choose to do the mission won't loose morale or increase on the second bar, if successful.

An example:

You just started the game and choose a 5 day mission as your very first. After finishing the mission, 2 districts will get +1 on the yellow bar. 5 days passed, multiplied by 1, these two will loose 5 morale.

If you do a 5 day mission later in the game, and have several districts at like 4/10 or 5/10 already, those will loose 20 (5 days * 4 attrition) and 25 morale (5 days * 5 attrition) in one go.

It's also possible to simply skip a single day. In that case will all three offered missions fail and get +1 on attrition. But the districts will only loose one day worth of attrition (this is worth to remember if you end up with 61 or 62 days - skipping reduces morale less than playing a mission which will be 3 days minimum).

Like Starscream wrote, use whatever possibility you get to increase the morale. There are events inside the missions that help a lot with that.

Like: "You secured a building that was a German outpost. What do you do with it?" - choose a medical post to help the civilians for morale boost.

Or: "You are helping to clean the area after a bombing." - choose the church and save the trapped civilian for morale boost.

And so on. However, not every encounter has options with positive morale.

The main way to increase morale however is to send out dispatches into the districts, offered by the same person giving you the missions.

Sometimes he only offers one dispatch, other times it's up to 5. In order to pay those it's necessary to sell weapons you don't need, as well as excess ammunition and useables.

To finish this text, here's a little trick (I'm not proud of it, but it will help a lot):

The game autosaves when you get back to your hideout. If the mission guy only offers a single dispatch, or if the missions are to your dislike, you can quit to the main menu (press options, followed by holding triangle) and load again.

Each time the HQ is loaded, his missions and dispatches change. That way you can better your odds, by gaining more dispatches, or by rotating missions til he offers one for the one district you can't afford to get negative morale on at that moment.

Once I figured those things out, it was way easier to decide on which missions to take. Being able to calculate which mission will reduce how many morale on which district will help out a lot.

But you still require a lot of luck with getting positive events during the missions. Those can be the final decider on whether or not the morale values will screw you or not.

Complete all 17 unique insurgent events - 1 for each insurgent !  Last trophy before getting platinum.

[Spolier Alert!!] WARSAW personal quest - how to make them appear on the map ?

Phew !

I have managed to platinum this game recently.

I feel very satisfied that as a player from Poland I have managed to honor the tragic event known as the Warsaw Uprising in such a creative way.

Here are my tips:

1. Best and worst insurgents + useful ones/not bad ones

a) Best: Jan, due to his damage, Marian due to his aura of ignition, Anna due to killing troopers instantly, Franek and Jadwiga for being best medics in the game,

Wanda due to being the best rocket launcher wielding insurgent,  Krzysztof.

Useful: Karol, Henry, 

Worst: = ( Ernest, Konstanty the Uhlan =   (

2. Best strategy:

AOE team piat/ rocket launcher spam

Magda or Marian + Krzysztof/Christopher + random cheerleader insurgent with piat and fortel/action stealing trick will help you beat every enemy squad/patrol  in game

within 3 to 4 turns.

Phew, that was tough.

2. Save heavy ammo.

3.Mainly choose easy missions with resoruces collecting and without enganging in fights.

German tanks and machines have dumb AI, they mostly hit barricades during encounters. Do not be afraid of these bosses. Kill the mechanics, then hit them 4 times with piat rockets and they blow up.

Do not fight the nebelwerfer rocket battery at all costs as it is the worst aoe /debuff spammer in the game. Fight it once for the codex entry then forget that it exists.

You can manipulate the fresh blood event with save load option at the end the finished mission to collect more insurgents or those insurgents you are missing.

It is a good idea to choose 5 day long missions as your first 4 missions, but then pick 3 days long ones to avoid yellow bar and huge morale loses in your 3 chosen districts. Focus on the four districs with 75 and 90 morale values.

At the start of the Uprising focus on missions during which you collect crates from Liberator planes, fixing the telephone lines, burying the dead soldiers, fixing barricades. DO not engage german machines or soldiers at all. 

Do not sell ammo like crazy. You will need resources during 3rd, 4th and 5th week of the Uprising.

Take 70 short ammo, 100 long and 80 heavy on your missions.

Abuse camo cloaks and take 4 every mission for easy victories and sneaking past patrols.

Compasses are nearly useless ,so are flares, just rush in while wearing the camo cloak to sneak past or if the encounter formation is not in your favor go to main menu and load your save.

NEVER QUIT to dashboard without saving after a mission, for example check codex/chonicle after a finished mission and then quit to main menu to save and upload your save to cloud. I lost a run once, glad it was very early.

Bleeding is the best debuff, abuse it. Blind/accuraccy loss is the most useless status debuff.

Try to build dodge, armor and fire/bleeding resistance asap.

Use the T formation: keep medic in the center.

As for unique insurgent events trophy, 17 of them,

collect 7000 exp and try to focus on resources collecting/hoarding missions as your 5 first missions. Do not spend that exp, just to be sure...

as when I spent exp on skills these unique missions tended not to spawn/show up. 

The hardest trophy is keeping the 4 districs active and not in defeated state for 63 days, do not attempt 5 day long missions later on as when districts have 5/10 yellow bars, they will lose huge morale chunks.

Manipulate reinforce district options via exiting to main menu in case there are unfavorable reinforce options. Gaining 14 morale is the most optimal reinforce option for a dying district, especially when thehdistrict is not facing a mission, but is resting.

Good luck. The game is not as hard as Darkest Dungeon.

Edited by starscream171
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, BrandedBerserk said:

Is the game any good? The reviews are rather mediocre so I'm a bit hesitant but this feels like something I should play.

19 minutes ago, BrandedBerserk said:

Is the game any good? The reviews are rather mediocre so I'm a bit hesitant but this feels like something I should play.

It is the best tribute paid to the game Darkest Dungeon. It is worth your time, effort and patience.

• 2 years later...
On 10/8/2020 at 5:52 PM, starscream171 said:

Just a few more questions.

I have managed to get the trophies related to all weapon types.

My chronicle says 

1.Characters 15/17 I am only missing the MALE DOCTOR trophy, but I did not get the character entry about Jan, the guardian, even though I got him earlier ?

I have

Ernest, Janos, Constantine, Helena, Martin, Mario the engineer, Anna, Henry, Francis the scout, Kaz the smuggler, Wanda, Bronislaw, Christopher.

Why the f*** does it say 15/17 when I have not only recruited the doctor but have Jan ?

I have this same problem with Jan.  No codex popped when I got him!