What's your hot take for this generation of games.

Jake-TheGreat97

Star Wars Battlefront 2 is one of the best games of this generation.

If thats not a hot take, i dont know what is.

Lemme explain though, ofcourse, they messed up BIG with their release. The MTX mess, the 'pride and accomplishment' reddit thread, all that stuff.

They learned big time though, sure EA are still scummy but at least they listened that one time and fixed the game.

The Campaign is short and sweet, its a fun little jaunt and IMO pretty much the perfect length, story was a bit 'samey' (Bad guys turned good etc) but thats just Star Wars in a nutshell.

The multiplayer is incredible though. Its IMO the best casual shooter out there on the PS4.

Its so easy to just jump into a game and spend 6 hours playing without realising, the scales of the battles are great and the graphics of the game just make the battles seem so realistic that you cant help but be sucked in.

On a similar but relevant note.

I think this generation of games (And gamers) has been the absolute worst for the 'fight against MTX/Pre-orders'.

The online forum gamers, that love to complain about MTX/Pre-orders etc, are CLEARLY in the minority. BF2 was such a clusterfuck because it catered to the casual players and so the casual players went WTF and it changed.

For the most part though, Pre-orders are up, MTX is up across basically every metric and people 'sticking to their guns' about Pre-orders sticks for as long as it takes for a LOU2/Ghosts/Cyberpunk to come out.

Apparently, everyone is a video game collector nowadays?

Back in PS2 (10 years ago) and PS3 times (5 years ago), I could get heaps of bargains and snatch quite a few rare games for decent prices.

So far, I've been catching up with PS4 titles I missed out on lately and for about a third of them, I'm paying release date prices or a little more. 

Unrelated but in Australia, all outlets selling that Nintendo Game and Watch handheld are being sold out of pre-order allocations immediately due to scalping. It was never like this 9-10 years ago during the Wii era.