region lock?

ryuji_sakujo

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Not sure why I can’t type Japanese characters in the store - maybe from my region currently or a system setting I never changed?? But I was able to find this JP version from the ps4’s ‘what’s new’ feed, seeing my main account had earned trophies and played the other version. Clicking on the feed for one of those and it can direct me to the Japanese version in the store. It’s currently dirt cheap for 94¥ for PS Plus members. I had to pay 300¥+ since I don’t have ps+ on that account

Edited by MATTKBAN

• 1 month later...
On 1/25/2022 at 0:42 PM, MATTKBAN said:

Not sure why I can’t type Japanese characters in the store - maybe from my region currently or a system setting I never changed?? But I was able to find this JP version from the ps4’s ‘what’s new’ feed, seeing my main account had earned trophies and played the other version. Clicking on the feed for one of those and it can direct me to the Japanese version in the store. It’s currently dirt cheap for 94¥ for PS Plus members. I had to pay 300¥+ since I don’t have ps+ on that account

I don't know which store you mean, the one on PS4, PS5 console, PS App on phone or browser-based https://store.playstation.com/ .
There's multiple ways to type (and find non-alphabetic titles), for example on mobile use a Japanese keyboard, on PC go to https://translate.google.com/ and use Japanese input method.

Another way of finding the game for those that are interested, you can reverse search it:

I usually use PSPrices to find and track Japanese games:

https://psprices.com/region-jp/search/?q=オーバーライド&platform=PS4&show_dlc=on&content_type=

Hope this helped someone ?
Whichever way you do it, use whatever works for you. :)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/15/2022 at 7:18 PM, ryuji_sakujo said:

I don't know which store you mean, the one on PS4, PS5 console, PS App on phone or browser-based 

———————

Hope this helped someone 1f44d.png
Whichever way you do it, use whatever works for you. :)

I was signed into my Japanese account on my PS4. The keyboard comes up as Alpha numeric which I found odd since going into settings of the console while on that account it’s in Japanese. Either way, seeing my US account with the NA version of the game on the What’s New feed triggered it to find the JP one when under the JP account. That was nice hehe 8)

That tutorial you mentioned is ways I’ve never known about hehe I been around PSN since the beginning so thanks for the knowledge! I’ve barely ever purchased outside my NA region.

• 1 month later...

So, I have played the WW (EU/NA) version with a friend from the US (NA), and I'm in Sweden (EU).
And I played on the JP stack with a friend from Japan, again I'm here in EU.

So this game is NOT REGION LOCKED on either stack! ?

Edited by ryuji_sakujo
  • Like 1

• 4 months later...
On 5/10/2022 at 2:51 PM, ryuji_sakujo said:

So, I have played the WW (EU/NA) version with a friend from the US (NA), and I'm in Sweden (EU).
And I played on the JP stack with a friend from Japan, again I'm here in EU.

So this game is NOT REGION LOCKED on either stack! 1f44d.png

The game is region locked. Where you’re located won’t matter. The games region version does. I tried and the Japanese version won’t take invites from the other version - I have NA, should be the same with the EU copy as they share that trophy list. If I accept the invite that PSN prompts, my digital copies will quit out to load the correct region. I even tried deleting just one version and it’s failures to join from there.