How will the site handle the new software update (hiding trophies)

Go to solution Solved by lporiginalg,

Per the new PS3 system software update v.4.50, there is a new feature that allows: "New options for trophy privacy settings allowing users to set which trophies are visible."

May be to early to tell, but just curious how the site will handle this?? If I had a trophy list on my PS3 profile, will it auto-hide on PSNP? Will it recalculate my trophy completion rating? Just curious how this will all work.

I've heard rumors around the net that some trophy tracking sites are going to assume you're a hacker and remove you from the leaderboards. What about people like myself, I'd like to hide games I'm currently not working on, and unhide them once I get back around to them.

Again, just curious. Thanks!

• Solution

I imagine it will work exactly the same as the Vita update which came out a while ago.

Hiding trophies will adjust your completion ratio accordingly but it will also adjust your trophy score, so you can remain on the leaderboards but you won't get any credit for the trophies you've hidden. A small icon on your profile will indicate that you have hidden trophies. People that have been removed from the leaderboard for cheating can be reinstated on the clean boards by hiding all their flagged trophies

• Like 1

I imagine it will work exactly the same as the Vita update which came out a while ago.

Hiding trophies will adjust your completion ratio accordingly but it will also adjust your trophy score, so you can remain on the leaderboards but you won't get any credit for the trophies you've hidden. A small icon on your profile will indicate that you have hidden trophies. People that have been removed from the leaderboard for cheating can be reinstated on the clean boards by hiding all their flagged trophies

Thanks for the quick reply. Didn't even realize there was an update to the vita that provided this functionality..lol.. have to go and check that out :P