Is fifa 14 genuinely bad?

Humonic

Fifa 14 is getting mixed reviews right now, some think the game is great a good step forward more realistic ect,

but others think it's absolutely awful, 

Here's my take on it.

I'm not a fan of the realistic route, I like it being "arcadey" I can play football outside right now, it doesn't get any more realistic then that, I can go to a football stadium and watch an actual game of football, I don't see there being a need for it to be ultra realistic, when it comes to BF or CoD i can understand why people would like and realistic view on war and gun fights ect, granted Battle field is very loosely based on realism but my point is;

I can understand the want for that, we don't get to experience war or flying a fighter jet just because we want too (not at least without making a life altering decision), most of us never will either.

But football?

We can go watch it whenever we want, why the realism?

personally I like it being arcade like but I know that people like it being realistic each to their own, I'm happy your happy whatever, 

I don't like the basic feel of the game but I wouldn't call it a bad game.

I'm a career mode guy myself and I hate what they've done with it, so I'm sticking to 13, the global transfer network was a silly idea, it's takes the away the fun of finding young talent or finding really any for that matter, and if you do find a good player it takes weeks to find one, gone are the days of actual fun deadline day transfers, instead you'll be over charged for a player that you don't know if he's good or bad, you can't do a week long scouting when there's 5 hours left of the window now can you, if just makes you take a risk, realistic yes, fun? not for me.

I get that's realistic, I do, I get that some may love that, but it just seems so awkward and in the way and it drags everything out, there's no need for it and mostly importantly, it murders the fun of searching through players to find the right one for you, instead you have to buy scouts and send them individually to differently leagues and hope they find something.

I'm not a fan at all.

Fifa 14 ultimate team is business as usual, some slight improvements, finesse shots are a little too good and headers are insane, that aside, nothing really to report.

From the outside looking in, it looks like Pro clubs got a severe down grade, going from 11 a side to just 5 a side, not sure why they did that.

That just seems silly to me, but I don't play that mode much, so if you do, let me know how you feel about that, improvement or not?

Menus are laggy to all hell, that needs addressing.

My opinion, it's not a bad game but I personally don't like it.

The whole realism thing is not for me, if that's your thing awesome, at least someone enjoys playing it right? ;P

Is Fifa 14 really a bad game?

As next generation is right around the corner you can tell as little effort has gone into this as possible, I certainly regret plundering £40 on this title straight away because I haven't got a single bit of pleasure playing this at the moment, for me it's a carbon copy of 13 with hardly any improvements worth muttering about. As soon as I platinum it it's being traded in for as much as I can get for it. Very disappointing indeed.

PES 2014 wins at a canter.

As next generation is right around the corner you can tell as little effort has gone into this as possible, I certainly regret plundering £40 on this title straight away because I haven't got a single bit of pleasure playing this at the moment, for me it's a carbon copy of 13 with hardly any improvements worth muttering about. As soon as I platinum it it's being traded in for as much as I can get for it. Very disappointing indeed.

PES 2014 wins at a canter.

yeah it's kind of pathetic when you realize that EA released the game with un updated  squads, Arsenal don't even have ozil to start with xD

Im glad I'm not the only one unhappy with 14. I really don't like the bit of delay there is while dribbling. I too feel they went for too realistic when it comes to mechanics. The only thing I am enjoying is the Manager Mode. Granted i have not reached a transfer deadline day so that will be a big issue. All in all i think it is a massive downgrade from 13.

Not sure how and why it warrants a £39.99 price tag. I'm just glad the trophies are straight forward so I can get rid of it quicker and hopefully get back at least £20 from GAME for it. Wishful thinking......

Yeah that's one of the things fifa 14 does right this year is the trophies, no pull a inform player from a pack bullshit, damn that was the stupidest idea for a trophy ever, luck based trophies are so dumb is genuinely amazing how they even make it as trophies xD but yeah good luck getting £20 back ;D 

Im glad I'm not the only one unhappy with 14. I really don't like the bit of delay there is while dribbling. I too feel they went for too realistic when it comes to mechanics. The only thing I am enjoying is the Manager Mode. Granted i have not reached a transfer deadline day so that will be a big issue. All in all i think it is a massive downgrade from 13.

Yeah it's definitely a down grade, manager mode is fun, just the transfer system is so long and annoying, it really takes away from the whole thing I think.