Tips

duboiszack

Anyone have any tips because I'm stuck. It feels like there is no skill to this game only luck. I can manage to win a 500 tournament. My main issue is that it feels like a majority of the time my shot always clips the top of the net and go out. Most the time I only win points when I get lucky with the slice. Also sometimes when the cpu lobs it over me and the ball is clearly in and no where near the line, but it gets called out. I already completed all the minigames so I thought I was done with the hard part, but I guess not. Any way just wondering if anyone had any tips. It looks like Ghaz84 figured the game out.

Edited by duboiszack

On 4.10.2020 at 10:36 AM, duboiszack said:

Well I finally figured it out. Just use slice and charge the net every time. Still a very poorly made tennis game.

This works only if I serve. When the CPU serves its impossible for me to win the game. Only can win my games and sometimes even this is impossible because the CPU will hit every ball and i only hit the top of that stupid net. Here you can see what i mean...damn

I'm going to bed now but when i have more time i'll try to in depth explain the cheese for easier wins.

Tip: Save up all your money and do not buy any items from the store because they will not save once you quit the game and reload it another time. Also managed to unlock everything from the store and have unlocked every racket but neither of those trophies have popped so i have given up on this for now.

Yeah tried a few day ago I tried buying all racquets just to see if it would unlock and it didn't. I had backed up my save so I didn't lose anything. Either it's glitched or there is some special way to unlock more racquets. I'm curious if maybe you might unlock anything from doing the exhibition matches in story mode or if it's just extra money.

I did all the exhib matches and nothing.

Basically the game is much easier when you are serving and sometimes returning on the side where you are closest to the camera. I use 0 power on my serves, run to the net then try a slice volley out of the air and usually the ball dies and they can't reach it, or is they do then they set it up for a smash. On the other side its much harder to hold serve so i use full power serves and try a slice volley again but on the opposite side of where the returner is standing for the serve.

For Returning, this game either doesn't know the rules or doesn't care, so you can return inside the service box which is normally illegal. So I just run to the net ready for a serve then slice and usually you hit a winner. Sometimes they hit it back or you clip the net and it lands out but most of the time it works. When they do a full power serve, try and cover the wide angle cuz if they go for the T serve then it usually misses fault, whereas if you leave the wide serve open it hits the net and lands out but is still called in because this game is majorly bugged. If its a weaker serve try and hold the slice for a split second to try generate more spin for the ball to die on the bounce.

Not sure if this was a coincidence but when i changed my smoot to a female the game became much easier again for a few events. The devs said to me the difficulty increases as your skill goes up but maybe there is a skill level for your male and female characters.

Hope this helps.

@duboiszack

Yeah the terrible line calls are annoying, but at least sometimes they work in your favor. Knowing this game maybe you unlock some special racquet from winning 1,000 matches. Maybe could try to contact devs and see if maybe they could explain if it's bugged or if it is unlocked through other methods. Thanks for helping by the way, it's just annoying that this game  would require special methods to actually win. They really should have looked at other simplistic tennis games and taken note, so they could actually make the gameplay fun rather then tedious and annoying.

Edited by duboiszack

I'm not exactly sure whether or not they are glitched. I am finally managing to get through this game and I will be able to see for myself if they are or not. Two people have done everything, but buy all store items and obtain all racquets. I saw someone on trueachievements.com said that purchasing everything can be a little confusing. I was going to try for myself to see if I can get the trophy for purchasing everything and maybe the last racquet unlocks after you have done this. After this I can tell if it is glitched or not.

Edited by duboiszack

• 3 weeks later...