DLC Information

Has anyone tried any of the ad-ons? I'm interested in the following:

1) Artifacts of the Forgotten King

2) Katrina Epic Item Pack

3) Igor Minipet

4) Bounty Hunter Epic Item pack

5) Domovoly Minipet

6) Chimerling Minipet

Has anyone bought these? Worth it? Trash?

--UPDATE--

I'll be buying these soon so I'll edit this post to basically answer my own question.

Edited by MrTacoNinja

• 3 months later...

-----------------------------------------------

1) Artifacts of the Forgotten King:

-----------------------------------------------

King Borislav's Scepter Trophy: 

Essence Capacity = 14

+18 to all resistances

+6 to all attributes

+6 to all resistances

+7 mana

+66 HP (when wearing second piece of the Artifacts of the Forgotten King set)

3% chance to stun enemy for 2 seconds upon hit (when wearing second piece of the Artifacts of the Forgotten King set)

+4 HP regen (when wearing third piece of the Artifacts of the Forgotten King set)

+3 rage (once you've killed 200 enemies while this trophy is equipped) 

Ring of the Forgotten King:

Essence Capacity = 5

+6 to all attributes

+157 lightning dmg bonus

+10% to lightning dmg

+6 to all attributes

+24 physical resistance (when wearing second piece of the Artifacts of the Forgotten King set)

+13% critical hit dmg if under 15% health (when wearing third piece of the Artifacts of the Forgotten King set)

Amulet of Kings:

Essence Capacity = 20

+13 mana

+5 to all attributes

+57 HP

+10 mana

+3% crit hit chance (when wearing second piece of the Artifacts of the Forgotten King set)

+8% bonus dmg on frozen enemies (when wearing third piece of the Artifacts of the Forgotten King set)

+13 elemental resistance (once you've killed 100 enemies while this amulet is equipped). 

My opinion: completely worth 2 dollars! 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------

2) Katrina Epic Item Pack:

------------------------------------

Vengeful Princess Cloak:

+24 defense

+31 physical resistance

+60 HP

+27 to all resistances (when wearing second piece of Vengeful set)

+6 to all attributes (when wearing third piece of Vengeful set)

Vengeful Princess Claws (weapon):

Dmg = 73-75 (104.86/s)

Attack Speed = 1.40 

+5 body

+7% weapon dmg (when wearing second piece of Vengeful set)

+10 HP per hit (when wearing third piece of Vengeful set)

Vengeful Princess Mark (weapon):

Dmg = 20-24 (22.00/s)

Attack Speed = 1.00

+5 dexterity

4% chance to freeze enemy on weapon hit

+6% weapon dmg (when wearing second piece of Vengeful set)

My opinion: completely worth the dollar you'll spend for it!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

---------------------

3) Igor Minipet:

---------------------

+10 to all resistances

My opinion: throughout the story pretty much everything you find has the option to add to all resistances at Saffi the enchanter and later on in the story (chapter 3, Valley of Frost) you're going to come across an area after blowing up a bridge where you have to fight... a miniboss, I guess, is what it is (story related)? After defeating said miniboss and before heading in to the portal go further west to find a semi-obscured chest. Within this chest you'll be rewarded with 5 unidentified essences. This essence is called Bearded Grease and gives a +5 to all resistances no matter where you slot it and it doesn't cost a single essence to equip - it's basically a freebee that gives you an extra stat to your equipment. Each item can have a total of 2 of these essences applied for a total of +10 per item so if you're using the duping exploit your resistances will be awesome!

However, there are two things of note to mention here and stupid as hell and makes no sense if you ask me:

1) The item HAS to have essence capacity (the size of the capacity doesn't matter) and 

2) There MUST be essence left over before you can insert it so insert this essence first and foremost before inserting anything else. Again, stupid and makes no sense at all seeing how it requires ZERO fucking essence but that's how it is.

Anyway, this DLC is a complete waste of 2 bucks and misleading as all hell. I say that because if you read the product description it says "The Igor minipet boosts your resistances against all kinds of damage so you will less likely fall in battle". All kinds of damage? Dude, there are only THREE freaking things you can take damage from: physical, poison and elemental! "All kinds of damage" though, right? Yeah, um, oooookay. You'll less likely fall in battle, lol! Oh yeah, because a +10 to all three resistances makes you a super bad ass powerhouse! What a joke.

----------------------------------------------

4) Bounty Hunter Epic Item Pack:

----------------------------------------------

Lunar Vengeance (pistol):

Essence Capacity = 20

Dmg = 22-26 (38.40/s)

Attack Speed = 1.60

+50 ice dmg bonus

+26 HP

+4 HP per hit

+20% critical dmg

3% chance to freeze on weapon hit

Very Old Hunter Mask (visor): 

Essence Capacity = 17

Crit Dmg = 16%

+7 dexterity

+17 dodge value

+6 mana per hit

Prevents Freezing (basically 100% immunity to being frozen)

+5% crit hit chance (once you've killed 200 enemies while this visor is equipped) 

My opinion: totally worth the dollar you'll spend for it!

------------------------------

5) Domovoy Minipet: 

------------------------------

+5% magic item find 

+10% gold find chance

My opinion: not worth 2 dollars so don't waste your money.

-------------------------------

6) Chimerling Minipet:

-------------------------------

+3% critical hit chance

Violent Death Strike

My opinion: In most rpg's I've played crit chance wasn't always the easiest stat to build upon and it's a valuable stat to have. Is it worth 2 dollars, though? For a 3% increase I think 2 bucks is a bit excessive. As for the Violent Death Strike... um, I didn't notice a difference either way? I toggled it on/off in the Options menu and noticed no difference whatsoever when I killed enemies. What it claims it does: adds a visceral and more gruesome death animation to enemies you kill. I guess they were out to lunch and forgot to add the "visceral and more gruesome death" animation. 

So, a 3% crit chance increase. An animation that doesn't do shit other than add an extra visual to the game (which, as mentioned earlier, I didn't notice a difference either way). Pass on this. For 2 bucks it's just not worth it.

So there ya have it folks. I didn't buy the DLC for the other classes because I'll never play them but feel free to add your findings. I'm going to assume it'll be close to, if not the same, stats as the Demon Hunter for the class specific DLC but probably focused a bit more on what stat matters most to that class. 

Edited by MrTacoNinja
  • Like 3