Construction Worker Trophy - Milking Room glitch

Hello all,

I'm currently in winter, chapter 3, and I have all trophies except Diligent Digger and Construction Worker (obviously apart from the story related trophies).

The problem I'm encountering is:

- I've constructed every building except Milking Room (60,000G)

- When I paid 60,000G to get my Milking Room constructed, it never got finished

Usually when something is under construction, it shows up in the Order Form until it is completed, but in my case, the "construction phase" is gone from the Order Form the very next day, and the extension is never built.

I've tried playing for a few more days after, in case that it's just a visual glitch in the Order Form, but Takakura never comes to tell me that my Milking Room is finished. 

When I go to the Order Form now and try to purchase a new extension, it says You have already constructed all the buildings. It also doesn't show up in my diary under Assets (not even "???????", which is normally displayed when you don't yet own something). It's like the Milking Room never existed. 

The circumstances which led to this were the following:

- I had around 30,000G, so I sold EVERYTHING I owned, including all of the animals (chickens and ducks included), and including all of my equipment, so that I could buy the Milking Room

- I slept a few days straight without leaving my house at all, in anticipation of the Milking Room being built

I thought maybe the problem was that I didn't have any cows, or that I hadn't left the house and Takakura couldn't inform me that it was built so it was somehow "skipped". So I reloaded a save where I still had one of my cows. I did everything again, except this time I didn't sell all of the equipment (I kept the cheap, basic ones), and I obviously kept the one cow I had. When I piled up 60,000G, I bought the extension, went to sleep, next day there was no trace of it again. I then played for another 7 in-game days, in hopes that it would magically show up, but to no avail. So I guess this means I'll have to do a second partial playthrough just for this trophy.

Has anyone encountered a similar issue?

Also as a public notice, please be sure to keep back up saves, because there are a lot of potential issues in this game which could cost you many hours of playtime. I was careful and kept backups before major events, but this still somehow didn't help me lol.

UPDATE:

I reloaded the save again, ordered the MIlking Room and waited inside till morning for Takakura to come. He opened the Orders and said "Nothing today". After that the order was gone from the Form. Seems strange that there is no mention whatsoever about this glitch anywhere online. Beware.

UPDATE 2:

It suddenly worked! I tried again and again, while sleeping away to get to the end of the game. I tried again in the next chapters individually, didn't work. Then, on the last chapter, on Spring 1, I bought the extension for one final time. I honestly forgot about it, and then after going to sleep a few times: The Milking Room is complete! I'm so relieved, although I can't offer any advice apart from keep trying, if this somehow happens to you as well.

Edited by harsly

Not really sure if this is relevant information but I did notice that my last building took longer to complete that the others now that I reflect back on it.

At some point, I was starting to wondering too after I took a look at the Order Form and it said that I had all the buildings. But I didn't think much of that since I remember, for some strange reason someone else's play through as they bought the last construction item and had similar text pop up with the form and Takakura. So maybe text that was never fixed combined with how vague the building system is in this game can definitely lead into thinking that this might be a glitch.

Never really thought about it because I was skipping days, milking cows, and grabbing them banana seed from the seed maker during year 4. But the last thing I built, the Processing room, took exactly 10 days or a full season to complete. Which I found weird but the game itself is a wonderfully buggy gem lol so it didn't really surprise me as I was skipping days.

Currently still got two full years to sleep by so I'm probrably gonna turn on a stream to keep me busy but I'm glad it worked out in the end for ya!

4 hours ago, Alufeii said:

Not really sure if this is relevant information but I did notice that my last building took longer to complete that the others now that I reflect back on it.

At some point, I was starting to wondering too after I took a look at the Order Form and it said that I had all the buildings. But I didn't think much of that since I remember, for some strange reason someone else's play through as they bought the last construction item and had similar text pop up with the form and Takakura. So maybe text that was never fixed combined with how vague the building system is in this game can definitely lead into thinking that this might be a glitch.

Never really thought about it because I was skipping days, milking cows, and grabbing them banana seed from the seed maker during year 4. But the last thing I built, the Processing room, took exactly 10 days or a full season to complete. Which I found weird but the game itself is a wonderfully buggy gem lol so it didn't really surprise me as I was skipping days.

Currently still got two full years to sleep by so I'm probrably gonna turn on a stream to keep me busy but I'm glad it worked out in the end for ya!

That could be the case, but on one occasion I slept through an entire season and it still wasn't built. Maybe the time varies depending on other events or something, idunno, in any case thanks and I'm glad I got it too, saved me about 10-15 hours of more playtime, although now that I'm done I do miss the game. ?

This is probably self evident, but when sleeping, set the alarm clock to 1-2PM. This way, you'll sleep for 12 hours instead of the regular time, and also your son wont take some seconds of your time every morning to mention how he watered the crops or fed the animals. ?