0.00% item run question

Jigsy1

Anyone know if the Golden Carrot (healing item) counts towards the item count? Or is it impossible to get due to the height of that ledge?

Also, that rainbow egg weapon? (Answered my own question on that one. Automatic when you get five eggs, and no.)

Edited by Jigsy1

I am under the impression, from personal experience as well as Steam message boards research, that the only items you are allowed to have on the 0% run are the Bunny Amulet, the Rumi Cake, Rumi Donuts, and Cocoa Bombs. You can also buy any of the buffs in town but I can't say for certain if the Golden Carrot negates the run!

If you want to test it out, IIRC there is a pathway that drops you down from above that you can reach it? I could be mistaken tho, as it's been a few months since I played it. You would be able to tell immediately as your item % would increase, and you could theoretically quit out and reload your save if it counts against you. Or just to be safe, store your save file to the cloud before attempting just to be safe!! It would be extremely helpful for that run, so if you can confirm it works I will update my trophy guide to reflect this ?

Oh yeah. I never thought about dropping from above. It'll have to try that in a bit. Currently running around the system interior post Hall of Memory.

*edit*

afaict, the carrot is unreachable. Falling from the sky just drops me in the snowy area.

Edited by Jigsy1
  • Like 1

Ah okay, I was under the impression you could drop down from the Ice Castle, hang left on the wall, and land on top of the platform with the GC. But I stand corrected! Like I said, been a few months so it's a bit foggy in my brain. That and the fact that not everywhere is accessible (not easily, anyway) without having double jump and some of the other items, so it very well could be that it's not doable on that run. 

I will check it out this evening when I get home from work just to be safe, but sounds like it may be inaccessible without items/upgrades per your attempts. 

Edited by Joe Dubz