Sledgehammer glitch?

remtalemta

I got the sledgehammer from the car in the garage. After I got out of the car and walked around a bit, the hammer disappeared from the floor and a reminder appeared that said that any dynamic item I "leave behind" will be found in the storage room in the basement. But the hammer is not in the storage room locker, neither in the garage nor on my dynamic item list when I bring up the inventory.

Anyone else?

• 11 months later...

Just a heads up, this glitch has NOT been fixed (despite many things reporting it has been). I just encountered this at the end of the Rakkan chapter, my sledgehammer was not in the storage room where it should have been. After reloading some earlier saves and playing back up to that point, it still wasn't appearing. In the end, I tried walking around the entire house to see if I could find it. I couldn't, but after nearly giving up and approaching the storage room again to see if maybe it was back now, my game suddenly informed me the sledgehammer was sent to storage, and upon opening the door, there it was.

Very glad for it too, as I'm quite enjoying this game, but wouldn't want to replay the whole thing when I'm on the last chapter. I would have just reluctantly dropped it.

For anyone that experiences the same glitch, I recommend trying the same thing, walk around the entire house, maybe a few times, and re-approach the storage room to see if it respawns.

And definitely keep multiple manual saves in case this does happen and walking around doesn't fix it. I recommend making a permanent save at the start/end of each chapter.