S+ Rank requirements leniency

I’ve read from a few sources that there is some leniency on the requirements to reach S+ rank while playing on professional difficulty. Where is the damn leniency?!

I’m getting pretty frustrated repeating these missions again and again just to fall short by 2 kills, or 1 item, or 9 seconds! ?

Is there a setting I could be missing or something? I’ve not seen people have issues with the grading in posts here or the .org site.

Edit: I had attached photos (but they are not appearing) showing the grades falling short by a few seconds etc leaving me with S S S A and being graded and overall A for a few of the missions. Where’s my S+?!?!

Edited by rangers_lead5278
I can’t work this site due to dumbness.

• 2 weeks later...

I actually never had any problems hitting the numbers for enough kills except for mission 5 where it can be tricky to survive/run to skip certain areas. I barely got over 150 kills on missions 5 but still got S+. For the other missions most of the time I get way more kills than is needed to meet the quote.

Here are my walkthroughs I did for S+ rank on professional. I split them up into 2 movies since it was so big and it took me 2 sessions to finish. It's not the best edited video but it definitely helps on getting S+ on every mission on professional. Yes a few mistakes are made but thats a good thing since it shows you what to do and what no to do and where to be careful and where to run etc. Be sure to just skip on parts where I may be there are brb messages on screen. Had to take some breaks during recording. 

Part 1  Missions 1-4

Part 2 Missions 5-7 

Edited by nooitzben
fixing links
  • Like 1

On 19/11/2020 at 7:39 AM, nooitzben said:

I actually never had any problems hitting the numbers for enough kills except for mission 5 where it can be tricky to survive/run to skip certain areas. I barely got over 150 kills on missions 5 but still got S+. For the other missions most of the time I get way more kills than is needed to meet the quote.

Here are my walkthroughs I did for S+ rank on professional. I split them up into 2 movies since it was so big and it took me 2 sessions to finish. It's not the best edited video but it definitely helps on getting S+ on every mission on professional. Yes a few mistakes are made but thats a good thing since it shows you what to do and what no to do and where to be careful and where to run etc. Be sure to just skip on parts where I may be there are brb messages on screen. Had to take some breaks during recording. 

Part 1  Missions 1-4

Part 2 Missions 5-7 

Thanks for the thorough response. I followed the videos on the trophy guide but kept falling short. I have given up on mission 5 for now but have tried mission 6 multiple times. My most recent stats while playing on professional were:

Kills - 113/100

Deaths - 0/3

Items - 17/16

Time - 29:34/35:00

These results gave me an S ?

I shall give your videos a try instead. Thanks!!

• Like 1

If i remember well kills count a lot for the s+ rank, the more you get the more chances you got for the rank, mission 7 was the one which give me more trouble due to the last part being all being crimson heads. A tip that i give you is that all the kills you do count, even after dying. I got a ton of kills and i was behind the PAR time and still got the s+ rank. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, rangers_lead5278 said:

Thanks for the thorough response. I followed the videos on the trophy guide but kept falling short. I have given up on mission 5 for now but have tried mission 6 multiple times. My most recent stats while playing on professional were:

Kills - 113/100

Deaths - 0/3

Items - 17/16

Time - 29:34/35:00

These results gave me an S 1f621.png

I shall give your videos a try instead. Thanks!!

hmm that is kind of odd. Here's a screenshot of my results straight from my playthrough on mission 6. You should of gotten S+ with those results. It's kind of odd..are you sure you are on professional mode and not another difficulty?

RE-ORC-mission-6.png

Edited by nooitzben

11 hours ago, nooitzben said:

hmm that is kind of odd. Here's a screenshot of my results straight from my playthrough on mission 6. You should of gotten S+ with those results. It's kind of odd..are you sure you are on professional mode and not another difficulty?

RE-ORC-mission-6.png

Hi again. Yes definitely playing on professional. I wonder if your high kill grade helped out. I have yet to try this mission again as my motivation is low after receiving good results again and again but only being graded an A or S, but I’ll give it a few more shots this weekend. Thanks again for your guidance.

Edit: I clicked on your image and found out how to post images here. Thanks!F5417-B60-0-BEB-4-A68-9-CF4-73-AEB4-F8-D

On 20/11/2020 at 11:24 AM, Elite_Agent_009 said:

If i remember well kills count a lot for the s+ rank, the more you get the more chances you got for the rank, mission 7 was the one which give me more trouble due to the last part being all being crimson heads. A tip that i give you is that all the kills you do count, even after dying. I got a ton of kills and i was behind the PAR time and still got the s+ rank. 

Thanks. I haven’t tried mission 7 yet as I had a hard enough time getting to the mascot without getting cornered by unlimited Crimson Heads, and that was playing on normal? I’ll give you advice a try though.

Edited by rangers_lead5278
Learnin’ stuffs

• 2 weeks later...
23 hours ago, MyLastRide said:

Play with Spectre fully upgraded for items collection and use a good shotgun. That is what I remember. 

I would say you can use Spectre at first if you don't have much exp to buy other abilities so you can see where the hidden data packs are in the stages but when you do learn/memorize where they are you can use other characters that have abilities best suited for the levels. Spectre doesn't really have any "useful" abilities except to see hidden items and being the "eyes" of the team. Also you should always play in campaign and in case you die you and restart/reload you last game save and you will be at last check point with no death penalty and you can change to another character that is suited for whatever the situation may call for.

Also best to use Riot shotgun since it kills almost always kills zombies in one hit. I've seen a few older videos where the Juggernaut shotgun is used and its not that great compared to Riot. Also get Samurai Edge handgun as secondary asap. A very useful handgun for quick killing.

Edited by nooitzben