How is the performance on PS5?

Just now, wolfstorm95 said:

I "think" its a solid 60 fps and it "seems" to be smoother (could just be my mind playing tricks). Other than that its the same game as on ps4.

Ok nice! Can't wait to start playing it on PS5. No more massive frame drops when you get sucked into Freddys nightmare or when Hillbilly rushes close to you with the saw.  Just to bad there isn't a version for PS4 and a seperate for PS5. So that you could continue earning PS4 trophies while playing on PS5.

On 11/14/2020 at 10:36 PM, Quink666 said:

Ok nice! Can't wait to start playing it on PS5. No more massive frame drops when you get sucked into Freddys nightmare or when Hillbilly rushes close to you with the saw.  Just to bad there isn't a version for PS4 and a seperate for PS5. So that you could continue earning PS4 trophies while playing on PS5.

I haven't tried it but you should be able to choose to play the ps4 version while on ps5, it looks as though there is an option for it. 

Also since you brought up Freddy, you can't select Freddy or Quinten[unsure on spelling] on ps5. Last I heard it was due to an issue with the rights, they don't even show up on ps5 and the trophy list attached to Freddy's DLC doesn't exist on ps5. 

On 11/16/2020 at 1:07 PM, wolfstorm95 said:

I haven't tried it but you should be able to choose to play the ps4 version while on ps5, it looks as though there is an option for it. 

Also since you brought up Freddy, you can't select Freddy or Quinten[unsure on spelling] on ps5. Last I heard it was due to an issue with the rights, they don't even show up on ps5 and the trophy list attached to Freddy's DLC doesn't exist on ps5. 

Can someone double confirm this? Can you really play the ps4 version on the ps5? I don't really care about the upgrade graphics. I will hate to have to redo all the dead by daylight trophies again from scratch. 

On 11/18/2020 at 11:30 AM, TheUntold_Truth said:

Can someone double confirm this? Can you really play the ps4 version on the ps5? I don't really care about the upgrade graphics. I will hate to have to redo all the dead by daylight trophies again from scratch. 

If you press the options button while hovering over the Dead by Daylight game, it gives you an option to press "Game Version" and it has both the PS5 Version and the PS4 version of the game :) Hope that helps.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Jordan_On_Tinder said:

If you press the options button while hovering over the Dead by Daylight game, it gives you an option to press "Game Version" and it has both the PS5 Version and the PS4 version of the game :) Hope that helps.

Do you know if the PS4 version on  PS5  runs at 60fps? Because if it does there is no need to play the PS5 version imho. Just continue playing the PS4 version and earn trophies for that instead.

19 minutes ago, Quink666 said:

Do you know if the PS4 version on  PS5  runs at 60fps? Because if it does there is no need to play the PS5 version imho. Just continue playing the PS4 version and earn trophies for that instead.

Okay. I just downloaded it and tested it out, but I'm really bad at the FPS stuff, so forgive me. But the PS5 version does seem to run a little smoother and look a little better.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Jordan_On_Tinder said:

Okay. I just downloaded it and tested it out, but I'm really bad at the FPS stuff, so forgive me. But the PS5 version does seem to run a little smoother and look a little better.

Ok thanks for testing! Guess i'll just start over with the PS5 version when i get my console => 60FPS must feel so much better especially with killer.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Quink666 said:

Ok thanks for testing! Guess i'll just start over with the PS5 version when i get my console => 60FPS must feel so much better especially with killer.

It looks so good and feels so smooth! I wasn't a trophy hunter when I first started playing DBD on ps4 but I can understand the frustration of having to start a long ass trophy list all over again.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

For anyone wondering since I’ve gotten my hands on the holy grail now, I can confirm the PS4 version of DBD runs at a solid 60fps on the PS5. Have yet to see if the PS5 version looks better or runs better. But I imagine the PS5 version is also capped at 60. 

If the graphics are updated to look like high settings on PC on PS5 I would highly recommend sticking with the PS4 version. Having higher quality grass and more of it and such just makes traps of all kinds harder to see for example. Best sticking with the version that has the least grass and effects to get a slight advantage. 

Edited by Quink666