Trophy "Blood is life"

supermag64

My friend and I created a vampiric one-handed axe by following the steps put "thirst" enchantment on an iron weapon, fill it with blood until you can transform it on a blood altar. But no trophy. We killed some enemies with this vampiric weapon but nothing happened. What a waste of time. I´m a little bit agree about it because it seems Nine Dots is more interested in releasing more content (Three brother DLC) to earn money, as to fix issues in the previous DLC. Anyway I wonder if some of you guys have the same problem or a solution for achieving this trophy. Thanks in advance.

• 5 months later...

I just started playing the three brothers DLC and went back to this trophy. It bugged out for me but somehow it worked for my co-op partner when we reloaded and I gave him the weapon to turn into vampiric... I made a second weapon (a dagger, the first one was a mace) and it doesn't work for me either...

This trophy is garbage and a lot of trophies for the latest DLC are bugged too...

Actually I'm not sure you do, a lot of people aren't saying anything about the quest. However, for anyone else out there, here is a bit of information from my experience

My coop mate was the one to use the thirsty weapon and level it up.

When it got to quenched, he gave it to me to try to turn it in, it didn't pop up.

I looked on the internet, saw about the quest, completed it.

Tried turning it in, nothing still.

Gave it back to him, he turned it in and got the trophy.

Then I decided the weapon wasn't working for me for some reason and started from scratch.
It didn't unlock, again, neither on my own character nor on a reroll.

The first weapon was a mace, the second a dagger so i'm actually interested if anyone got it from a dagger.

Now I have 4 theories that might be partially true or false : 

- the player using the weapon or giving the final hit that gets it to "quenched" status has to turn in the weapon (however obviously it didnt work for my dagger)

- only the first weapon in a world will unlock the trophy

- dagger is bugged and won't work (i'll try a mace again I guess)

- you actually need to do the quest indeed

I'm going to try levelling up a mace someday and see what happens by turning it in in a world with no vampiric weapons created yet, and if it doesn't work, do the quest and try turning it in again.

Also I don't know if the world in which the weapon was created, who bought the initial weapon or who enchanted it has any relevance but I would think it doesn't

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 25.5.2021 at 8:42 PM, Rqsb_ said:

Now I have 4 theories that might be partially true or false : 

- the player using the weapon or giving the final hit that gets it to "quenched" status has to turn in the weapon (however obviously it didnt work for my dagger)

- only the first weapon in a world will unlock the trophy

- dagger is bugged and won't work (i'll try a mace again I guess)

- you actually need to do the quest indeed

Did one point of your theories turn to but true to be the reason why you got the trophy by now ;)

Hey Akriwez, I saw your MP this afternoon but i wanted to reply openly for all to take advantage (and i'll probably repost this to reddit).

So basically, after a while of troubleshooting together with my friend JuninhosLuv we found out that the trophies were bugged depending on the profile of the player.

We gave this bit of information to the developer team but as of my post they can't trigger the bug for themselves. 

As stupid as it is, it's like the trophy doesn't like your name. Let me clarify : 

The actual trigger for the blood is life is ONLY doing the actual transformation of the blood weapon. Nothing else, NOTHING is relevant. Someone else could just give you a quenched weapon out of nowhere and put it in the altar, as long as you're the one to click on the transform button, the trophy should pop for you. Yet, even with a totally blank, erased profile, I couldn't get the trophy.

I don't know what's going on internally (being a developer myself) I tried to find different type of solutions and there's indeed a workaround which is going to require you to have a second controller. Be warned that it also involves WIPING YOUR ENTIRE DATA FROM YOUR PLAYSTATION.

The steps for the fix : 

- Start the game with your main account with controller 1

- Load in your character in front of a blood altar, with a quenched weapon ready

- With a second controller, log in as a guest

- Start split screen, start a new character with the guest account

- Give the quenched weapon to the guest

- Have the guest character transform the weapon

At this stage, the trophy should pop. However, now you need to actually add it to your main account. To do so :

- Close the game

- Backup everything you need to backup (saves, screenshots, videos, ...)

- Sign out from your profile and switch to a secondary dummy profile registered to your ps4 (by using the switch user option)

- As the dummy profile, delete your user from your playstation (On ps5 it's under Settings > Users and accounts > Users - little trash bin icon)

- Now with controller 2, go to your profile (this should be in the account shortcut with the placeholder profile picture showing a white square with a smiley in it)

- Choose "Sign in"

- Connect your main account

- Go to trophies and sync with playstation network

Congratulations the trophy is now yours.

Note that bugged trophies for me were "The blood is life" and "Vanquisher of nightmares" from The Soroboreans and "The stuff of legends" and "Crowd pleaser" from The Three Brothers. I have seen reports that "Please see a doctor" was buggy for some people but it wasn't for me, I'm pretty sure the root cause is the same and the fix is the same. "The absolute pinnacle" might be bugged in the same way but it worked for me. Again this is very arbitrary, some trophies might work entierly fine for you (or even all of them) and other might not work for no reason, it's really like they just don't like your name :D

Specifically for arenas trophies, you have to do it in one sitting, if the guest controller loses battery or if you log it out, you have to start over. You can however stop the split screen between arenas. You can basically run to the arenas, start split screen before entering it, enter the arena and let the guest account sit at the entrance doing nothing, kill the boss, exit the arenas and stop the split screen.

Good luck everyone, this was very difficult figuring all of this out but now we have a fix :)

Edited by Rqsb_
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I want to thank Rqsb_ for sharing this fix with the community!

And I can confirm that I was able to get my last two missing trophies "The blood is life" and "Vanquisher of nightmares" exactly that way as discribed above.

My Game-Version was 1.16 und I did it on a PS5.

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks guys for sharing your solutions/ information and the way you figured out. I don´t touch the game anymore and won´t try the solution because it´s not worth it in my opinion. I´m a little bit disappointed and angry because the developers released "The three brother" DLC before fixing any problems with the previous DLC.