The DLC stars count for the 200

Septomor

Hey guys, 

The free DLC for Wargroove, Double Trouble, includes 45 stars to earn, and I can confirm that they count towards the 200 overall. It was not particularly helpful to me since I got 199/200 stars with the original version, but the 200th star normally is RNG/grindy, which can be pesky. So, doing it this way, you can get 199/245 stars and finish just one mission in the Story -> Co-op section to bring your total over 200. For me personally, I downloaded a map afterwards because it didn't unlock right away, but as soon as I made a move on the map it unlocked along with the plat. Hope it helps!

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...
28 minutes ago, Fallen_Chaos_ said:

That's good to know! Also I know this isn't exactly relevant to your post, but since you got the plat do you have any tips on how to beat arcade mode on hard? Who's the best character to use and whatnot?

Well I had gotten 199/200 stars of the original game, so actually I completed all the arcade runs on hard, since each one gives 5 stars. Technically, you don't have to do them all since co-op counts, but doing some math,

Each arcade run gives 1,3, or 5 stars for beating it on Easy, Normal, Hard. You get 124 Stars from Story (Single player) + Puzzles. If you got 45 from the Co-op DLC, then you'd have 169. So it seems you're right, you only need to do 1 on hard and you can do the rest on normal. In fact, since Co-Op is pretty slow, it's probably most efficient to do 1 hard, 14 normal arcades runs, and then A-rank 10 Co-Op missions to end with 201 stars.

So the easiest? Probably Sigrid, who has vampiric touch, which kills a unit and heals you simultaneously. If you get a water mission it's probably best to reset (they usually come at the 3rd or 4th mission, yeah it sucks ? but they're extremely bad on hard).

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
On 1/9/2023 at 8:08 AM, Dbarr74 said:

I knowthis is old old, so do you still need to fish up the starfish then even with more than 200 stars for the 200 stars trophy?

I don't remember fishing ever in the game, I think I tried avoiding it because of what a guide said about the rng (?), so if I remember correctly, I tried downloading the DLC when I had 199 stars and it unlocked after a single map. So I don't think the starfish is necessary, but it's been 3 years since I've played and the guide is more recent, if there were any patches then maybe it's not like that anymore.

• 2 months later...
On 1/9/2023 at 4:08 PM, Dbarr74 said:

I knowthis is old old, so do you still need to fish up the starfish then even with more than 200 stars for the 200 stars trophy?

If i remember correctly you do need the starfish for the trophy 2 pop, been a while since i did this platinum though. Just remember it was so hard i literally had dreams about beating it, and when i did i cried ?? Don't suggest going for this RNG Platinum mess 

Edited by Arzoden
Grammar
  • Like 1