Keep Your Heads Up - bugged?

Timmah200

On 1/18/2021 at 10:53 PM, catfish4wat said:

@timmah200 did you try 100 heads up matches?

I'm grinding that out now, slowly.  So far, no luck.  I haven't been counting to be honest because I'm not even sure how many I have.  I'm using "Mano a Mano" because it's just one opponent and the games go quick if you just shove blind.

This is what Pviddy said to me

Heads up matches dont count I know that for sure bc I played hundreds of them

But it popped randomly yesterday and I figured out how

U have to go head to head with another player... that means at least 2 ppl or 2 AI need to start the table with u

9 hours ago, catfish4wat said:

U have to go head to head with another player... that means at least 2 ppl or 2 AI need to start the table with u

Huh....so I've been wasting my time, great.

I'll try to play the daily table then.  See if that will get it to pop for me.

EDIT:  Could I do this with custom tables and enable AI?  Just, start a cash table and have 2 AI join, play a hand or two, leave, then start another table?

Edited by Timmah200

Heads up matches don't count for a heads up trophy.....alright. ?  Not a fan of how this is presented - any game that has a counter-specific trophy should have a place to track that exact trophy.  I know that functionality is available within some PS5 games, but it's flat stupid when you can't see your progress.  I think I'm getting the level 100 trophy and getting out - only seven stars left but the frustration isn't worth it.  Good luck to those who press on!

5 minutes ago, BigBallOfHate said:

Heads up matches don't count for a heads up trophy.....alright. 1f604.png  Not a fan of how this is presented - any game that has a counter-specific trophy should have a place to track that exact trophy.  I know that functionality is available within some PS5 games, but it's flat stupid when you can't see your progress.  I think I'm getting the level 100 trophy and getting out - only seven stars left but the frustration isn't worth it.  Good luck to those who press on!

I have only two stars left (one of those is winning five consecutive hands...come on, really?) and this lousy heads up trophy that won't unlock for me, that's it.  I'm going to try for a while more and if it doesn't work, I'm done.  Painful being this close, yet so far, but whatever....you're right, the frustration isn't worth it.

22 hours ago, catfish4wat said:

Did he say anything about it having to be 100 DIFFERENT players?  That's the rumor right now I believe...I sure hope it isn't true....

16 hours ago, Timmah200 said:

Did he say anything about it having to be 100 DIFFERENT players?  That's the rumor right now I believe...I sure hope it isn't true....

Just getting heads-up against AI's definitely doesn't work as i just finished trying that. Started a custom Freezeout against AI which always starts a 3 person tournament. Then i went all-in every hand until the game was finished. I counted every time i got heads-up and did it 100+ times, and I still haven't gotten this F'ing Trophy.

I have also played tons of Mano a Mano against lots of real players and that doesnt seem to do it either. 

I have no clue what this trophy requires and i am considering giving up. I have played over 7k hands and am getting sick of this terrible game.

I just joined their Discord and found the full post from Pviddy and F*** ME if he is right, i have wasted so much time :D

As for the keep your heads up trophy... it's not for 100 different ppl bc mine popped against an AI

To trigger the trophy at least 3 ppl need to be at a table to start and one has to be eliminated... hence it saying go head to head with any opponent 100 times

Plus u HAVE to play the hand flop turn river... trophy pops with the river card flipping... going all in at the start does not count towards the trophy

I am going to start trying this method tomorrow and post my results here. If this doesn't work, i am quitting until the devs clearly states what it takes.

1 hour ago, Woopa777 said:
As for the keep your heads up trophy... it's not for 100 different ppl bc mine popped against an AI

To trigger the trophy at least 3 ppl need to be at a table to start and one has to be eliminated... hence it saying go head to head with any opponent 100 times

Plus u HAVE to play the hand flop turn river... trophy pops with the river card flipping... going all in at the start does not count towards the trophy

My goodness, you're telling me that in over 7,000 hands and 8 days of play time this hasn't happened to me yet?

This is most definitely not the definition of "head to head."  I don't mind going to the river....but a heads-up tournament is definitely going "head to head" with someone.  Lousy devs...ugh.

Okay, I'll keep trying I guess....if I ever succeed, it'll be my 123rd plat.  Perhaps it's time to quit trophy hunting lol.

38 minutes ago, Timmah200 said:

My goodness, you're telling me that in over 7,000 hands and 8 days of play time this hasn't happened to me yet?

I think it has to happen for 1 hand in 100 different heads-up that didn't start as a heads-up table. That seems very likely to not have happened yet due to the insane playstyle of the bots.

This is most definitely not the definition of "head to head."  I don't mind going to the river....but a heads-up tournament is definitely going "head to head" with someone.  Lousy devs...ugh.

I 100% agree. It is very clear that not a single person that worked on this game has any real poker knowledge. How they ever decided to make a game about something they know nothing about, without bringing in outside expertise, is beyond me.

Perhaps it's time to quit trophy hunting lol.

Nah, just time to be more picky about what games to pick up :D

Good luck with it, let us know if it works.

2 hours ago, Woopa777 said:

I think it has to happen for 1 hand in 100 different heads-up that didn't start as a heads-up table. That seems very likely to not have happened yet due to the insane playstyle of the bots.

Ah, yeah, I can see that.  I wonder if multi-table tournaments count towards the total as well as cash games.  I've played a lot more tourney's than cash due to the grind on the tour.

I'll most definitely post here to let everyone know how it goes.

EDIT:  When he says "one has to be eliminated," he just means one has to fold, right?  Folding preflop is okay?  Not leave the table or get knocked out...

Edited by Timmah200

10 hours ago, Timmah200 said:

EDIT:  When he says "one has to be eliminated," he just means one has to fold, right?  Folding preflop is okay?  Not leave the table or get knocked out...

No he means get knocked out (lose all the chips they have at that table). 

I think the easiest way is to start a custom game with these filters:

• Game Type: Freezeout
  • Buy In: 200

And then press L1 to start against AI's. That starts a 3-person tournament where everyone starts with 200 chips.. Then go all-in first hand. 90% of the time either one or both will call you.

1. If both calls, just leave the game and start a new one.
  2. If they both fold, go all in again next hand.
  3. If one calls and you win, you are heads-up. Now i believe you need to play one hand where you don't go all-in but get to the river. So just check or call the whole hand.

Only scenario number 3 will count towards this trophy, if the info from the Discord server is correct.

Edited by Woopa777

Holy hell, it actually worked!

I followed the strategy i posted above and i got it after 21 times of getting heads-up and getting to the river in one hand and then leaving the game.

Finally i can delete this garbage game and move on with my life :D

I hope everyone else have the same succes! good luck

Edit: This was my plat number 125 so i will forever be haunted by this whenever i look at my milestones ?

Edited by Woopa777
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, Woopa777 said:

Holy hell, it actually worked!

I followed the strategy i posted above and i got it after 21 times of getting heads-up and getting to the river in one hand and then leaving the game.

Finally i can delete this garbage game and move on with my life :D

I hope everyone else have the same succes! good luck

Edit: This was my plat number 125 so i will forever be haunted by this whenever i look at my milestones 1f631.png

Oh my goodness, I am going to try this either today or tomorrow (very busy this weekend).

Thank you!

If this works for me too, I will credit you and Pviddy with the info when/if I share the info with playstation trophies.

As a side note: what you described above is incredibly specific.  It's...odd, to say the least, that these would be the trophy requirements.  Congrats on the plat!  I have this lousy trophy AND two more stars to earn, and that's it.

Edited by Timmah200

It doesn't have to be done exactly like that, it was just the easiest method i found.

I am pretty sure that the only requirements are:

• You have to be one of two players left on a table that started with atleast 3 players (including you).
  • When you are only two players left at the table you have to get to the river one time, without being all-in.

There's a good chance that you, like me, have gotten most of them naturally while going for the targets.

1 hour ago, Woopa777 said:

It doesn't have to be done exactly like that, it was just the easiest method i found.

I am pretty sure that the only requirements are:

• You have to be one of two players left on a table that started with atleast 3 players (including you).
  • When you are only two players left at the table you have to get to the river one time, without being all-in.

There's a good chance that you, like me, have gotten most of them naturally while going for the targets.

IT WORKED!!!!

It only took me 8 hands like the situation you described (haha).  But, it took about 30 games for me to find those situations.

Now I just need to win five consecutive hands and cash for 25 million.

1 minute ago, Timmah200 said:

IT WORKED!!!!

It only took me 8 hands like the situation you described (haha).  But, it took about 30 games for me to find those situations.

Now I just need to win five consecutive hands and cash for 25 million.

Grats :D

Five consecutive hands was a bitch cus it requires so much luck. I got lucky on that one and got it pretty early.

25mil isn't too hard but obviously also depends on luck a lot.

6 hours ago, Woopa777 said:

Grats :D

Five consecutive hands was a bitch cus it requires so much luck. I got lucky on that one and got it pretty early.

25mil isn't too hard but obviously also depends on luck a lot.

Yeah I'm going for the five consecutive first.  Your other post will help me a lot, and my buddy cpjoe999 offered some advice as well.

The 25 million will take some time, but I'm not worried about it at all.  It's no different than the other cash games where we had to earn chips for a star.

EDIT: Plat done.  Now I need to purge this game from my system.  Ugh.  Thank you SO MUCH Woopa777 and everyone else for the tips.

Edited by Timmah200