Can I play PS4 version on PS5?

FFDannyB

The only version on the PS5 store is Destiny 2 PS4&PS5 (it's like 2 in 1 and I can't uninstall the PS5 part). As I haven't got a 100% trophy list i'd rather not have a second uncompleted list on my account but would like to chip away at my PS4 list still. Am I able to do this on a PS5 without triggering the PS5 trophy list??

I've got no problem autopopping if I end up getting the 100%, but I'm not sure I'll do it.

Edited by FFDannyB

No you dont need a PS4, you can choose PS4 or PS5 version, whatever you want to play. Right now im playing PS4 version for DLC trophies then im gonna play PS5 version for autopop all base and DLC trophies.. and after downloaded both version you can delete anyone only press options>delete>choose version

Edited by Hakan95_

At the Destiny 2 PS4 & PS5 page once you click on the Download button, it should take you to an identical page where you can use the button with the 3 dots to change versions. Alternatively you can switch the game version to PS4 after you download the PS5 version from the home screen by pressing the start button and choosing 'Change Game Version'.

From my understanding the trophies won't autopop until you start connecting to the servers so you can check if a trophy list has been made on your profile after you launch the game, just to make sure.