READ THIS if you enable cheats in grounded mode

IoannesCarolus

You need to be very careful when doing this because in the end this is a bug.

To activate the game modifiers when you are in grounded mode you are asked to:

1. make a manual save
  2. exit the game
  3. enter an encounter in any difficulty but grounded (the explanation is that grounded mode does not allow you to enable/disable several options)
  4. activate the modifiers
  5. exit the encounter and continue playing

Here is the reason of this post:

IF YOU CHECK YOUR WEAPONS AT ANY POINT DURING THE ENCOUNTER (any direction keys) YOUR SAVE FILE GETS CORRUPTED AND YOU'LL LOSE YOUR PROGRESS

I learned this the hard way but since I already fucked up my file I continued experimenting, your save game will still be there but you need to start a new game and that sucks.

How do you know you fucked up the save file?

When you exit the encounter, you go back to the encounters>>chapters screen (that shows you all the encounters available for that chapter) BUT THAT SCREEN IS EMPTY, THERE IS NO ENCOUNTER TO CHOOSE.

You might think that is all, because if you start a new game+ from that file that got fucked up you should have everything what you collected, right? No, that is not the case.

1. You'll lose the parts and supplements you already collected.
  2. You'll lose the weapon improvements you already crafted
  3. You'll lose the status/abilities you chose to improve with your supplements.

That is why other players advice you to make a manual save… now I get why (I wish I knew why beforehand…)

Another thing I don't remember if I read was that you need to do this every time you start the game, so be careful because you need to do this several times… unless you play the game in a single run (I lost my progress when I was already coming back for Lev and Yara, so I was quite pissed with myself ?)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/27/2020 at 1:29 PM, IoannesCarolus said:

An additional thing if the second play through is started in grounded mode:

Even if you buy all the character improvements you won't have the requirements to earn that trophy. There are less nodes to buy, and the game considers this incomplete.

Are you sure about this? This is the exact opposite of how the equivalent trophy in The Last of Us 1 worked. You could avoid all the listen mode upgrades during your first playthrough, then upgrade the rest during your second grounded playthrough, and the trophy would still pop.

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/8/2021 at 6:56 PM, PhyrxianLibrarin said:

Are you sure about this? This is the exact opposite of how the equivalent trophy in The Last of Us 1 worked. You could avoid all the listen mode upgrades during your first playthrough, then upgrade the rest during your second grounded playthrough, and the trophy would still pop.

Totally sure, I had, after I finished it in grounded mode, to play by chapters, but now in any easier difficulty mode, and since it was game plus, I had enough to upgrade everything.

I chose the boat chapter in the end of day three, because that meant I would have access after that to all Abby's tree, and so it was, but I still had to play further until I got enough supplements. That was my case at "hostile territory".

53 minutes ago, CypherNova139 said:

Um, this thread is complete BS.

I equipped pistol (right dpad) every time when doing an encounter to activate tweaks before continuing Grounded. never had any issues in the 15 or so sittings it took me to finish Grounded.

Well maybe you need to read carefully before having the nerve to call it "bullshit", don't you think my friend?
Also, since we are feeling frisky today, did you actually open the inventory (touch pad button) and checked your weapons there? I was not talking about the shortcuts.

Ultimately, I decided to post so this could help someone playing this game, you are not adding anything but bad vibes.

Cut your bullshit attitude of know-it-all first and happy gaming.

On 12/27/2020 at 1:29 PM, IoannesCarolus said:

An additional thing if the second play through is started in grounded mode:

Even if you buy all the character improvements you won't have the requirements to earn that trophy. There are less nodes to buy, and the game considers this incomplete.

This is only true if you don't buy the listening mode upgrades during your normal playthrough.  That's because the listening mode upgrades are removed from the respective skill lists in grounded mode since you can't use them organically in grounded mode.  I made sure to purchase them during my first, easy playthrough and then earned the trophy in grounded mode once I unlocked the final upgrade.

34 minutes ago, IoannesCarolus said:

Well maybe you need to read carefully before having the nerve to call it "bullshit", don't you think my friend?
Also, since we are feeling frisky today, did you actually open the inventory (touch pad button) and checked your weapons there? I was not talking about the shortcuts.

Ultimately, I decided to post so this could help someone playing this game, you are not adding anything but bad vibes.

Cut your bullshit attitude of know-it-all first and happy gaming.

Woah bud, I did read your post carefully as I don't like to make meh posts.
That kind of reply back is the attitude.

OP was stated

On 12/24/2020 at 6:07 AM, IoannesCarolus said:

IF YOU CHECK YOUR WEAPONS AT ANY POINT DURING THE ENCOUNTER (any direction keys) ...

any direction keys reads as the D-pad selection, not opening the crafting menus.
I had no issues with the D-pad menus equipping anything, check can also be used as a synonym for equip weapons if you were trying to view ammo counts. I want to say I pressed touchpad a couple times in the 15 odd times I continued my Grounded run, didn't really find pressing it pertinent since the encounter was not going to be played anyways.
As previously stated I had no game issues.

I made my previous post to explain to those reading that the OP experience is not 100% indicative of what is going to happen in a reader's game based on my experience, in less words as I did not think typing this all out would be necessary. Apparently with this kind of reply I was wrong to presume that.

Before calling people bad vibes, pull the plank out of your eye first. That kind of attitude in a reply back is where the bad vibes are located, a simple 'hey bud that's not what happened for me!' would suffice.

• Like 4