Trolling trophy - another method

I was struggling with this as by the end of the game there were almost no enemy captains left and the few that remained were about level 70. And I struggled to find any trolls...anywhere. So I used this method:

1. Pick the weakest captain from your army.

2. Give him an olog gang with a training command.

3. Assign him as your bodyguard.

4. Go somewhere quiet/empty and summon him.

5. Attack him until he turns against you, dominate and then shame him.

6. Now go find the weakened captain. He will now have the trolls (ologs) with him.

7. At this point you can follow the guide method(s). You can shame him multiple times if you need to. I reduced mine to level 1 and then used his trolls to take him out in a couple of hits.

• Like 2

Or an easier and more consistent alternate ;)

1. Have a Captain who has been resurrected (Undead) and assign him as ur bodyguard.

2. Go to the back of the Fort on Seregost (I think thats the 1, memory is a bit blurry) and you will find multiple prisoner Ologs chained up by the outer wall. 

3. Kill any nearby friendly orcs, them summom ur Captain and put him into bleeding mode by depleting his HP (Undead wont betray). 

4. When he has almost bled out, free that nearest Olog and quickly mount. 

5. If timed right, you will be riding the Olog when the Captain fully bleeds out netting you the trophy!!! 

This is how I do it in my guide anyway, a nice alternative ;)

Edited by Optinooby
  • Like 3

On 24/12/2020 at 8:51 PM, Optinooby said:

Or an easier and more consistent alternate ;)

1. Have a Captain who has been resurrected (Undead) and assign him as ur bodyguard.

2. Go to the back of the Fort on Seregost (I think thats the 1, memory is a bit blurry) and you will find multiple prisoner Ologs chained up by the outer wall. 

3. Kill any nearby friendly orcs, them summom ur Captain and put him into bleeding mode by depleting his HP (Undead wont betray). 

4. When he has almost bled out, free that nearest Olog and quickly mount. 

5. If timed right, you will be riding the Olog when the Captain fully bleeds out netting you the trophy!!! 

This is how I do it in my guide anyway, a nice alternative ;)

Thats a great tip, optinooby, ty :)

I used the fight pits to get one Captain to kill another, then resurrected the one who lost....

Had some issues getting to control the Ologs, as they either died while i was trying to control them, or the Captain died while i was faffing around, so took me a few tries to get it right, but got the trophy using freeze shoulder charge (circle) to subdue the Olog....

The area i used was Gorgoroth behind the fortress - though after Act 3 they are enemy Olog's chained there so not as easy to take control of. Here's a video i made showing the method, thanks again for the tip :)

Middle-earth Shadow of War: Trolling trophy achievement - YouTube

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I actually did mine completely different.

Do online conquest against a weak ask fort. I actually waited my younger brothers who just mainlined story and did not level anything up.

When you get to the overlord chamber there is a recurring spawn of oologues if by mistake you happen to kill one. The overlords have a health on the top of the screen so you could really Jack them up and get their health low without actually killing them. Blast and o log in the face with an arrow and quickly Mount him and then just race towards the overlord and you club him to death. best part is if you mess up you could just do the raid again. 

It made me happy that I got the Platinum by killing my brothers overlord.