Question on Move Controllers and Camera

DrakeHellsing

It's pretty much a two in one question. Was trying to look up online, but didn't find anything that could answer my question.

In regards to the Move Controllers and the camera itself, there seems to be a dead zone in front of me. I only noticed it with Job Simulator in particular where, as an example, the Chef job on that required me on two separate times, use the sink. Problem I had was the controllers seemed to drift, so it made the tasks with the water... especially washing the dishes, rather annoying to complete (the dishes would end up breaking, or getting the soap and water on them and leaving them under the tap would prove to be annoying). But it was only that area, while other areas were pretty much fine.

I have my camera up higher (a good amount anyway) and looking down on me. In Job Simulator, I was standing in the area they wanted. But yet, that one area was still proving to be a dead zone, and in perspective, in the same job in the game, the grill and pot I could easily reach and work with, and that's next to the sink (yet the other things like the toaster or sandwich maker were fine with interacting with).

Would my issue still be with where my camera's located? Cause it can't be where I'm standing (the game has a fixed play area, can't change it). Or would it be a different issue I'm having? Granted, my room's not too big, but it's big enough where I can still play VR at least. I mean, I had no issues with Batman or The Room (well, small issues with The Room, but those were minor).

13 hours ago, MikeCheck-- said:

How far up is the camera from your height and how far back are you standing? What is the lighting like? You want it dark, but not pitch black. 

Managed to get it up a good amount. Weird thing is, for Vacation Simulator, it was doing fine. I mean sure, tiny areas where it would drift, but I was able to handle it.

Lighting is fine. I close my curtains while playing anyway, only light there is usually is from the hallway, and even then, it doesn't really get into my room.

And how far back I stand, well, for both Job and Vacation, it's a set area they get you to stand (which I'm luckily enough, able to stand in said spot), and you can't adjust the play area either for those games. Can't say for other games right now (been ages since I played Batman, and for the Room VR, was sort of close, but that was back then when I only had the controller to work with).

But yeah, the height right now does work good enough I think. Managed to stack boxes up (and some game cases) to get the right height needed, or at least, a good enough height. I can't really mount the camera on my TV either as that's in front of my bed. And my TV's not that high up either, only a bit above bed height (don't ask how high though, I haven't measured xD ).

But as I said, boxes and all that. Had to improvise to get the height needed xD