Final Boss Tips

So I got my platinum after finishing my hard playthrough and I thought I'd share some tips I figured could be really useful. I beat both the Dahaka and Empress on hard so here they are;

Empress:

- Whenever she attacks with her swords, they usually end in either a cross hit or leg sweep so try doing a three hit combo and then back-flipping once or twice after the third hit. If only one hit connects and the next blocks, back flip immediately as she starts winding a combo.

- When she starts teleporting, it's usually three sequences with each either teleporting behind or beside you, so best to back-flip ONCE as soon as she appears. Once the third teleport attack is done, use a standard three hit combo and dodge backwards.

- When she stops time, you stop time. Once stopped, first do an areial sword slash combo (X + □ + □) and then one or two three-hit standard combo for maximum damage with little chance of blocking/interruption.

- As she summons sandstorm, try to lead them in one direction and side roll sharply to the other direction as they closely approach you. Best strategy is group all storms together and somewhat circle around the arena with previous advice in mind.

The Dahaka:

(This fight takes quite a bit longer so it requires patience and attentiveness)

- As soon as the fight starts, slow down time asap and try to attack him as much as possible and back flip a couple times when time is about to resume. If you get hit heavily, best to rewind time as every little health counts.

- It's attacks are kinda cheap and show very little telegraphing so best to keep good distance from it once you have almost no sand left.

- When it places it's arm on the ground, that's when it uses it's tentacle-tracking attack. This attack's strength and weakness is it predicts where you will go based on your character's direction and attack said hypothesize spot. As the attack is about to commence, literally run in a very small circle (almost spinning in place) to avoid said attack. This is also a perfect time to collect sand as soon as each tentacle tracking attack ends.

- When you have full sand and close in on him again, try to stop time before to provide you some time to avoid it's close range tentacle attack. Try to get to it's body just before or when his tentacle retracts back inside their body to avoid it using it a second time in a row.

- When the time comes where the Empress assists and you get a chance to deal damage, don't use too much time-stop power and deal as much damage as possible.

- When it's second phase starts, this is when time-slowness is crucial. As soon as it jumps up to stomp on you, slow down time and be as far away as possible. Rinse and repeat until it stops jumping and resumes his usual attacks.

- When the Empress assists a second time, this is the time to go full DPS with as much time-slowness as possible. I was able to kill him by constantly hitting the □ button when starting the slowness when one slot ends. Killed him completely after 5.5 sand slots of time  stop.

Hope this stuff is useful for some. It definitely feels very rewarding and exciting playing these bosses on hard to the point where it enhanced my experience with the game even more. This game may be different from it's predecessor but it's a damn good thrill ride that got far too much hatred, especially being one of few to turn out great from such a change in identity.

• Like 4

• 5 months later...

If you have the green/yellow sword and six full sand tanks, the empress can be easily beaten this way (on hard also), without getting hit:

- When the fight starts dodge, because she'll do an unblockable attack inflicting a lot of damage;

- Slow down time with :l1: and start smashing :triangle: to use the secondary weapon. When the blocks your attack, roll to the side and continue hitting her with :triangle:. Be aware: using this weapon will take away health from yourself, so halfway the fight you'll only have a small sliver of health left. It won't go below a certain treshold though. Keep an eye on the timer of the sand power and hit :l1: again as soon as time starts to be normal. If anything goes well, towards the end of the second sand tank you'll get a cutscene;

- She will float up in het sand storm and summon three sand tornadoes. Keep circling around her closely around to avoid the tornadoes and dodge when needed if they get to close. If you get hit anyway, you have enough sand left to rewind time and dodge it on the 2nd try. Pick up the sands when the tornadoes die down to fill your empty tanks;

- When she is down on the ground again run towards her and she will taunt. Slow down time again and start hitting :triangle: again. Another two sand tanks and you'll get another scene;

- Avoid the tornadoes again and after that do the slow down time + :triangle: thing again. During the second sand tank you'll beat her. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

The empress is really easy. When you see her stood still use the 'running up to her'  :cross: + :square::square: attack (the one where you jump over her head and hit her twice from behind). Once you done this, move away, as she will ALWAYS follow this up with her physical combo where she finishes with a leg sweep. Keep just outside her range which is easy when she does this combo (no need to jump or dodge, just move), and wait for her to finish. As soon as she is finished, run up to her front again and do the same combo. You can just spam this the whole way through the fight, it takes a little time but its safe and very predictable. 

If you mess up where you press :cross: to jump over her but you do a roll instead, this is usually because you haven't 'ran' up to her, so just make sure you have a little bit of space to do that run up. If you do mess up, she will ALWAYS do her teleportation attack, in this case just keep jumping away from her until she stops, reset and go again with the same combo above.

Using this method I literally did not have to use the sands once, and didn't take any damage, so you can basically save all your sand for when she uses the sandstorms to run away and at the end where she can slow down time (this is the only time you actually really need to use the sands).

• Like 1