Cubism trophy help

Omega_240

Hi I was wondering if anyone who has got the cubism trophy is able to help me.

i have done the research for the sensor tower part of the mystery but nothing has happened since. I have waited 100 sols and nothing

i have collected and destroyed cubes as well since.

anyone able to offer pointers on what to do next 

I was struggling in the same way. I don't know what trigger the next part of the mystery, it tooks me several sols (not 100 sols to me). I keep storing cubes in storages, i reached 1000 cubes stored and then waited (never destroyed them). I know that there are different outcomes based if you destroy or store the cubes, if you destroyed and collected at the same time make me think maybe you have a "balance behaviour". I mean you re not hostine or friendly neighter to cubes. You need to keep storing and not destroy (or vice versa). This is my hypothesis.

Edited by verorip

I believe some part of the mystery requires a concrete extractor, do you have one built?

I'm struggling to even get this event to trigger, I've tried two separate games now, on this one I'm on sol 57 now and haven't had it start, there's no black cubes, no research nothing, it's as if I had turned events off. is there anything specific I need to do or build for it to start? 

• 3 weeks later...

Did you figure out what to do? I'm currently in a similar situation, I do everything up to the shepid research  then the spawn rate drops quite a bit but I continue to interact with the cubes storing them and over 100 sol later nothing has changed and the mystery log hasn't updated in that time either. I then tried building statues with them instead and had nothing happen. I reverted to a save just before the mystery appeared and have instead been destroying every one I find, got to the same point post shepid research and now about 60 sol after that was complete nothing else has happened. Its beginning to annoy me. The guide is useless. 

8 minutes ago, bluemoon1987 said:

Did you figure out what to do? I'm currently in a similar situation, I do everything up to the shepid research  then the spawn rate drops quite a bit but I continue to interact with the cubes storing them and over 100 sol later nothing has changed and the mystery log hasn't updated in that time either. I then tried building statues with them instead and had nothing happen. I reverted to a save just before the mystery appeared and have instead been destroying every one I find, got to the same point post shepid research and now about 60 sol after that was complete nothing else has happened. Its beginning to annoy me. The guide is useless. 

It's possible that one of the patches may have changed or bugged the requirements for this trophy since the Guide was written but either way, people have been earning it at a steady rate for weeks.

On 03/02/2021 at 11:52 PM, HuntingFever said:

It's possible that one of the patches may have changed or bugged the requirements for this trophy since the Guide was written but either way, people have been earning it at a steady rate for weeks.

I don't neccesarily think it's glitched I just think there's probably something that triggers the next part, I've just no idea what, so I'm stuck collecting/destroying cubes for over 100 sol which I don't think is how it's intended to play out. I gave up on my 250 sol multiple attempt playthrough and have tried a different game, I'm only 20-30 sol after the shepid research is complete so far but its currently the same situation. 

• 5 months later...
  • 5 months later...

The Surviving Mars devs published some of the lua source for the game to help modders (on other platforms since the PS4 version doesn't support mods). Part of that is the source for the Cubes Mystery. Looking at the source, I think that you need to either:

Destroy 150 Cubes or

Use 150 Cubes

You can "use" cubes by building decorations that become unlocked once you've stored enough of them (maybe 150?). I'll be honest though, the "code" is pretty hard to follow and I've only looked at it briefly.

• Like 1