Need Help Building a PC!

IntenseFATE98

Im thinking of building a decent gaming PC, im a complete n00b when it comes to building PC's, so i could surely take some help from you guys.

Here's what I have in mind -

Processor - AMD 3.5 AM3+ FX 6-Core Edition FX-6300 (FD6300WMHKBOX) Processor

Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 Motherboard

Graphic Card - Sapphire AMD/ATI HD 7770 1 GB GDDR5 Graphics Card

Optical Drive - HP DVD1260i-UH07D DVD Burner Internal Optical Drive

Harddrive - Seagate Barracuda SV-35 2 TB Desktop Internal Hard Drive (ST2000VX000)

Power Supply - Corsair VS650 650 Watt PSU

RAM - Transcend JetRam DDR3 8 GB PC RAM (JM1333KLH-8G)

Monitor - Dell S2240L 21.5 inch LED Backlit LCD Monitor

Cabinet - Cooler Master K281 Mid Tower Cabinet

What else will I need?

Thanks

Well you certainly have everything to build one assuming you pirate an Windows operating system or already have one, before anything what is your budget? What do you plan to play on it? I cannot emphasize the second question enough I know people who have £1000 computers and all they play is Team Fortress and MineCraft so yea....

Here is what I have:

Motherboard : Gigabyte AM3+ AMD DDR3 1333 760G

Processor : AMD-8350 Overcloked to 5GHz (Cooler Master Evo as heatsink)

GPU : XFX Radeon 7870 2gb

RAM : Ripjaw 12GB 

HDD : 1TB 7200pm 

Standard none brand case 

All costed £500 at the time but probably can find it for £450 or something now (Novatech or Newegg), and all I do is mod the crap out games as much possible since that's one of the main advantages of pc gaming and I do recommend sticking/building an AMD system you hear a lot of people saying Intel is faster and better blah blah and so on but the next gen consoles are all AMD based making one guess that AMD computers will handle gaming better since unfortunately most pc games are console ports.

Well you certainly have everything to build one assuming you pirate an Windows operating system or already have one, before anything what is your budget? What do you plan to play on it? I cannot emphasize the second question enough I know people who have £1000 computers and all they play is Team Fortress and MineCraft so yea....

Here is what I have:

Motherboard : Gigabyte AM3+ AMD DDR3 1333 760G

Processor : AMD-8350 Overcloked to 5GHz (Cooler Master Evo as heatsink)

GPU : XFX Radeon 7870 2gb

RAM : Ripjaw 12GB 

HDD : 1TB 7200pm 

Standard none brand case 

All costed £500 at the time but probably can find it for £450 or something now (Novatech or Newegg), and all I do is mod the crap out games as much possible since that's one of the main advantages of pc gaming and I do recommend sticking/building an AMD system you hear a lot of people saying Intel is faster and better blah blah and so on but the next gen consoles are all AMD based making one guess that AMD computers will handle gaming better since unfortunately most pc games are console ports.

My budget is £500. I want to be able to play FIFA, COD, BATTLEFIELD, and some other random games. Not sure if the graphic card that i mentioned can handle COD and Battlefield, i could drop down to a 500 gb or 1 tb HDD to get a better graphic card. What do you think?

Uh you may need to get a better gpu then assuming you want to play on ultra 1080p resolution 60 frames and so on especially for Battlefield 4, the original gpu you planned to buy should handle Fifa and COD easily and the cpu should be enough for a while and even if you notice a slight decrease in speed you can always overclock it. So yea try buying cheaper hdd or case even or just save up and get a Radeon 7850(£150) or even 7870(£170-200) if you have the money, either should easily carry you for at least 3 years and play anything without worries.

Edited by DatLoli

I would advise at least a 6870 or 7870 if you are going to stick with radeon. Six cores are also fairly worthless for gaming as most games don't even use above 2 cores. You can cut ram down to 8 gb as well to upgrade other key components. Not sure what the MS is on that monitor but make sure it has a decent one below 3. Other than that looks good.

Uh you may need to get a better gpu then assuming you want to play on ultra 1080p resolution 60 frames and so on especially for Battlefield 4, the original gpu you planned to buy should handle Fifa and COD easily and the cpu should be enough for a while and even if you notice a slight decrease in speed you can always overclock it. So yea try buying cheaper hdd or case even or just save up and get a Radeon 7850(£150) or even 7870(£170-200) if you have the money, either should easily carry you for at least 3 years and play anything without worries.

Ok. Thanks a lot for your help. :) Really appreciate it ^_^

P.S - Post No.100 for me. Whoo hoo! :yay:

Im thinking of building a decent gaming PC, im a complete n00b when it comes to building PC's, so i could surely take some help from you guys.

Here's what I have in mind -
Processor - AMD 3.5 AM3+ FX 6-Core Edition FX-6300 (FD6300WMHKBOX) Processor
Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 Motherboard
Graphic Card - Sapphire AMD/ATI HD 7770 1 GB GDDR5 Graphics Card
Optical Drive - HP DVD1260i-UH07D DVD Burner Internal Optical Drive
Harddrive - Seagate Barracuda SV-35 2 TB Desktop Internal Hard Drive (ST2000VX000)
Power Supply - Corsair VS650 650 Watt PSU
RAM - Transcend JetRam DDR3 8 GB PC RAM (JM1333KLH-8G)
Monitor - Dell S2240L 21.5 inch LED Backlit LCD Monitor
Cabinet - Cooler Master K281 Mid Tower Cabinet

What else will I need?

Thanks

Are you doing any video editing? the fx quad core is faster for gaming right now but the 6 core is better editing.

And Sapphire video cards I think are the best! But the Sapphire 7790 would be a good upgrade 15-20 fps better in most game.

If you have any questions or building problems let me know and I can really help building pc is what I do.

Edited by StingRay7495

Are you doing any video editing? the fx quad core is faster for gaming right now but the 6 core is better editing.

And Sapphire video cards I think are the best! But the Sapphire 7790 would be a good upgrade 15-20 fps better in most game.

If you have any questions or building problems let me know and I can really help building pc is what I do.

Nah! No video editing just gaming and a little bit of school stuff here and there :P And thanks for lending me help. Im not ordering the components just yet, gonna wait a week or two. I will just PM you if I need any help. Thanks again ^_^