Difficulty Parameters to Choose

devilsfanj

One of the trophies in this game is Legend which requires you to beat the game with two of the four difficulty parameters selected as “hard”.  The guides I read all said that you should pick (1) Battle-Hardened which eliminates auto saving, doesn’t display objective markers and only lets you save at campsites and (2) Betyar which makes enemies harder to defeat.  

Now I am not an RPG or old school dungeon crawler novice and even with Betyar set to “normal” encounters were often challenging.  On “hard” there were some brutal fights.  

A much better suggestion in my opinion is to take Permadeath as your second “hard” selection.  Now if you die on this setting, the game deletes your saves but there are two ways to prevent this that I tested and was able to get the platinum.  The first is if you are about to lose a battle, you can hit start and load your last game.  The other thing you should do is back-up your save to USB (it probably works with cloud saves as well but I only can confirm the USB method works).  This way, if you lose and don’t load your game in time, you can copy your save files back to the game from your USB.  Just remember to copy them to USB from time to time.  Taking Battle-Hardened and Permadeath, and using this method will make the platinum easier to achieve.  

I hope this helps you enjoy the game.  It’s a fun old-school dungeon crawler,

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 1/16/2021 at 4:42 PM, devilsfanj said:

One of the trophies in this game is Legend which requires you to beat the game with two of the four difficulty parameters selected as “hard”.  The guides I read all said that you should pick (1) Battle-Hardened which eliminates auto saving, doesn’t display objective markers and only lets you save at campsites and (2) Betyar which makes enemies harder to defeat.  

Now I am not an RPG or old school dungeon crawler novice and even with Betyar set to “normal” encounters were often challenging.  On “hard” there were some brutal fights.  

A much better suggestion in my opinion is to take Permadeath as your second “hard” selection.  

I couldn't agree more with devilsfanj. Without even seeing your post prior to starting this game I also chose the same parameters. I'm mid-way through Deva Fortress (I'm still pretty early on in the game) and I have to tell ya, even on Normal difficulty a lot of these fights have been an absolute son of a bitch! I have no idea what some of these trophy/achievement guides and posts from players are talking about when they say this game is "easy".

Edited by MrTacoNinja

• 1 month later...