The Life Exotic in 2021

JagKenobi

I see both versions have been updated to say the 15 all need to be Red War exotics. Does this mean I should not buy any exotics Xur has available that are from any of the expansions? Def want to confirm before I go spending all my shards!

I know this sounds like common sense, but still haha

Edited by KenobiEagle

Getting any Exotic that you can from Xur is always helpful. Most of the ones that are equipment are about 27 shards each. All worth putting in your inventory at some point. The gun is about 97 but again worth it.

This is a trophy that works best if you don't have the DLC. Which means basically every engram that you get from Xur will be a Red War Exotic. If you did the Cipher as well that gives you access to two random exotics a week. (Unless you save the cipher for the vault)

If you go your time vault near the post master and do the campaign that is offered. (If you're new you will start that campaign anyway) If you're a returning player you will have to get it from the time vault. Go through that campaign and at the end Banshee will give you a mission to get a Riskrunner Exotic. I'm pretty sure you can do this with each character and that adds up to 3.

The rest you earn through activities, random drops from strikes, crucible and gambit. Could be even any world activity or any enemy that drops you. The drop rate seems to be much higher since the update honestly. Back when I was farming exotics back in April it used to be hard to obtain them but now the drop rate is much better. You can get them from pinnacle rewards too from each character that offers challenges.

There's a number of ways you can get them but for this trophy. The less DLC you have the better. Especially when it comes to Xur. It sounds weird to say but with the DLC you have more options when you do get an exotic. Without you limit the pool that can be offered.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, KenobiEagle said:

Welp, too late!

But I only bought it this morning and I don’t recall him having more than one Red War exotic on hand when I checked last night so *shrugs*. 

just gonna take a longer time in general I guess. 

The ones he has on offer are always random. One week they could all be Forsaken. The next Osiris then Red War exotic. I meant more of the engram. The random drop you get from that. If you didn't have any of the DLC the drop always would of been Red War.

Keep playing though, you'll get them in drops and just keep checking what he has weekly and you'll be fine. There's plenty to get. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, KenobiEagle said:

If I buy the same Red War exotic(s) from Xur on all three chars, does it count just once or three times?

I mean when I did the second Riskrunner with a friend she got her trophy then. On the second one, something she already had. So it's entirely possible I suppose?

Xur is offering Sunbracers currently. Not sure if you want to attempt or have enough shards but you could technically test and buy as many as you think you need to see if it pops?

5 minutes ago, KenobiEagle said:

lol, wow I didn't even think of buying 15 of them. 

Neither did I until you mentioned the three character method. It made me think of the Riskrunner run we did. If you do go that route. Let me know what happens. It'll help all people worrying about this trophy to. I'd do it myself but I got the trophy a long time ago.

Buying the same one again doesn't count, you need to have 15 unique in collections. 

You should always buy the ones Xur has if you've not obtained them before even if they aren't specifically Red War ones, because they are then removed from the drop pool for ones obtained through engrams. When you get exotics either as reward drops or engrams from enemies or buying from Xur it always gives you one you haven't obtained before until you've obtained one of every random drop one. 

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...