How to collect galactic gums?

Joe Dubz

As the title says, I'm trying to grind out the last of the astro pins, and for some reason I'm stuck on 40/100 galactic gums collected. I can't seem to ascertain what adds to this total? I will occasionally get them at random while playing, as well as earning them from the challenges but I don't think those are increasing it at all. 

After doing some research myself, I figured it out! They are just glitchy like a lot of the other astro pins and will only increase playing certain levels. I was having success playing on the planet Iddil, in case anyone else experiences similar issues try that map! This is one of the first levels before Gravlock A. I should also mention that I was acquiring them by digging up the floppy disks that award gums after getting so many of them. 

Edited by Joe Dubz

4 hours ago, BGriff1986 said:

The gums that you earn through Challenges and the completion of Astro Pin tasks should also count towards this. But as we all know “should” doesn’t always apply when it comes to the tracking in this game :(

Ugh you aren't kidding unfortunately enough. It worked perfectly grinding them out on Iddil in case you still need them at the end! I was having trouble with the hives registering, even with the method described in the trophy guide. However on Quapel I kept farming the pineapple and strawberry fish hives which registered 90% of the time, so I hope this helps you out!

Edited by Joe Dubz
  • Like 1