Platinum Journey Review

allerburn

Hi

I couldn't find much information on the game when browsing through a previous sale so thought I'd add my experience in case it's helpful to anybody else.

Fun: 4/10

Difficulty: 6/10

Time: 30-40 hours

Trophies to read up on before playing:

There are no missable trophies but the Higher than the sun trophy will make or break your platinum journey. This trophy requires an effectively perfect run (finish all levels perfectly on the hardest difficulty setting). In reality it means a lot of cloud saving and soft closing of the game to exploit the save system. This isn't too difficult when familiar with the game and your power curve exceeds the difficulty curve but is not particularly fun.

Summary:

The journey to platinum can be split into 3 main parts. The second part can be done in conjunction with the first part.

1. Playing the game naturally to finish the game on a difficulty setting of your choice. 
  2. Playing the game on Elite difficulty to get Higher than the sun
  3. Hats, hats and hats. A lot of trophies are linked to collecting hats worn by enemies, particularly rare hats. I didn't get a single rare hat naturally after 2 play throughs.

Conclusion:

This is a great game for those who love turn based strategy titles. The artwork and overall presentation is great and can be picked up very cheaply. However, this is not a fun platinum to obtain. The majority of the journey was spent using save manipulation due to the strict requirements of higher than the sun or reloading saves to obtain the necessary rare hats for numerous trophies.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...