Seasoned Veteran Single Player?

mc-love-kev

Can the Seasoned Veteran trophy be obtained through the single player mode? I've got all the other multiplayer trophies, and 4 open matches for the rest of the game modes (I've only played Extermination), but obviously the servers aren't happy these days so I don't know if I can finish them.

The trophy guide mentions it can be done in story mode, but old threads online mention people not getting it, although there were supposedly bugs with the trophy that were later patched.

I'm assuming the guide means skirmish mode and not story mode. You can create offline skirmishes with all the same parameters as the online multiplayer. I actually didn't think to try that, but in hindsight it should theoretically work with how the trophy is worded, as it doesn't specify multiplayer.

I've hence uninstalled the game so I'm only going from memory, but after selecting Create Skirmish (NOT Instant Skirmish), you should see a screen with 3 menu tabs, one with overall settings, one with team composition, and one with the map parameters. The option you're looking for should be in the leftmost tab with overall settings, where you can also select Light or Dark Visibility. I definitely remember that the Visibility toggle is there in offline skirmishes because I used it, but I never had to change the mode. If you're on the tab with the Visibility toggle and there's no Mode toggle, then yeah, I got nothing.

7 hours ago, NamoPh said:

I've hence uninstalled the game so I'm only going from memory, but after selecting Create Skirmish (NOT Instant Skirmish), you should see a screen with 3 menu tabs, one with overall settings, one with team composition, and one with the map parameters. The option you're looking for should be in the leftmost tab with overall settings, where you can also select Light or Dark Visibility. I definitely remember that the Visibility toggle is there in offline skirmishes because I used it, but I never had to change the mode. If you're on the tab with the Visibility toggle and there's no Mode toggle, then yeah, I got nothing.

I just confirmed that through skirmish you cannot change game modes.

3 hours ago, mc-love-kev said:

According to the mission list I found here: http://icebrain.free.fr/guides/game/campaign-missions-walkthrough/

Extermination, Secure and Disputed exist in the campaign missions. There are no Hostage or Charge missions.

I've been thinking... the random mode that generates a map, the skirmish, is there no chance to generate these modes?