What are you willing to put up with for a platinum?

mikeygjr007

I'll put up with a long game (see Persona 5 Royal which I love and have the PS4 and PS5 platinums), but that's about the extent. I sometimes put up with garbage games as well for a platinum.

If a game has a lot of online trophies or is higher than a 5/10 difficulty (roughly), then forget about trying for the platinum. 

I like a challenge, so if I was going for a platinum or 100%, I would happily go to quite an extent to achieve the completion.

For example, some of my platinum trophies took me 200-300 hours, Dynamite Fishing took 300-400 and Fernbus Simulator took about 700+ hours. I could go beyond that if I wanted to! I am a patient person and I will happily do whatever it takes to achieve a completion I want to go for. 

However, I do prefer length over how hard it is, so that's something to consider.

1 hour ago, Xillynoc said:

Offline grinds. I don't care if it takes 1000 hours, as long as it doesn't require a server connection or dealing with other players, I'm all-in.

I completely agree with this, offline is just way better for long-term grinding. No need to rely on the internet then. 

• Like 2