Gunrhein - bugged?

thefourfoldroot

I’m likely missing something, but I can’t do this bloody mini game because the turrets mysteriously disappear on me all the time.

Is there some type of timer? Rule about not touching them or crossing their beam? A limit to the amount they can destroy? Or any other way for me to predict the seemingly random disappearances? It doesn’t seem so.

Or is the game bugged in some way in the remaster? The devs clearly haven’t cared about how the remaster messed up other games after all.

When watching videos the turrets aren’t disappearing for others. Not sure what version of the game they’re playing.

I’m hoping I’m missing something obvious as I’ve now tried many times and am starting to get frustrated, lol.

Edited by thefourfoldroot

I’m not sure the rule for disappearing turrets but if I were to wager a guess it’d be if the enemy ships manage to hit it before the laser hits them and if the laser will hit another of your turrets.

I did it first or second try even though it was tedious and I more or less got lucky.

I shot them at 35-45 angles so the ships would steer into the laser. I’d also do some 0-15 degree shots to ensure some weren’t hiding on the fringes.

2 hours ago, Wagszilla said:

I’m not sure the rule for disappearing turrets but if I were to wager a guess it’d be if the enemy ships manage to hit it before the laser hits them and if the laser will hit another of your turrets.

I did it first or second try even though it was tedious and I more or less got lucky.

I shot them at 35-45 angles so the ships would steer into the laser. I’d also do some 0-15 degree shots to ensure some weren’t hiding on the fringes.

Managed to do it first try this morning. Can’t believe I didn’t know this, but it’s easy once you realise you can actually hold position and aim the turrets to shoot the enemy out of the sky rather than just place them and hope, lol. A held turret is more powerful and never disappears.

Edited by thefourfoldroot

• 2 months later...

For anyone still struggling with this:

Stay close to the center of your base and mindlessly shoot cannons in the general direction of the enemy ships:

- Prioritize mashing the buttons over precise aiming. Don't hold the cannon button whenever enemy ships pierce through your base out of panic. Just keep mashing while aiming.

- Staying at the center of your base will also widen the camera field of view, which makes it easier for you know at which direction to aim before the enemies cut through your base, destroying a big chunk of it.

PS: your cannons disappear if they are not hitting enemy ships for specific duration of time.

• Like 2