Forsaken: Seal & Badge

raulvj

Hey guys,

Its been a long time since I played Destiny and now I'm back but everything has changed. What are the easiest badge and seal for the trophies? There are a lot but most of them are unobtainable to me as I only own the Forsaken DLC.

Thanks.

On 1/24/2021 at 8:19 PM, SonneeD said:

Seal the Deal

This trophy requires you to get any of the Triumph Seals that were released with Forsaken. The seals that count towards this are Dredgen, Cursebreaker, Unbroken, and Rivensbane(maybe?).  The easiest one to get will probably be Dredgen which tasks you with playing a lot of Gambit. I'd recommend finding a team of people to do it with though, as it will make a few of the triumphs needed immensely easier. Unbroken requires Crucible so if you're more comfortable with PvP and can manage getting Legend rank in the Competitive mode then that one might be easiest for you. However that one would be quite a time-sink as you need to play over the course of multiple seasons. Rivensbane requires doing the Last Wish raid and multiple challenges within. And finally Cursebreaker requires doing activities in the Dreaming City. I would've said Cursebreaker is the easiest but unfortunately one of the Triumphs required for it is currently bugged and thus is unnobtainable.

Fashion Statement

If you check your Collections tab in the menus, on the right side are a list of all the Badges you could potentially get. I believe a few of these are unobtainable due to locations being vaulted and equipment getting sunset. If you have Beyond Light, the easiest one to get will probably be Europan Collector. The equipment in this one is obtained through activities on Europa and and the triumphs related to Europa.  If you don't have Beyond Light then I would recommend chasing one of the Exotic badges ("Exotics: Red War" or "Exotics: Curse of Osiris and Warmind" are probably the easier 2 of the 3). If you buy exotics from Xur weekly then you should hopefully be able to get one of these eventually. Some of the exotics were tied to locations that were sunset so you will need to purchase them from the Exotic Kiosk on the tower.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, cjl_001 said:
On 25/1/2021 at 5:19 AM, SonneeD said:

Seal the Deal

This trophy requires you to get any of the Triumph Seals that were released with Forsaken. The seals that count towards this are Dredgen, Cursebreaker, Unbroken, and Rivensbane(maybe?).  The easiest one to get will probably be Dredgen which tasks you with playing a lot of Gambit. I'd recommend finding a team of people to do it with though, as it will make a few of the triumphs needed immensely easier. Unbroken requires Crucible so if you're more comfortable with PvP and can manage getting Legend rank in the Competitive mode then that one might be easiest for you. However that one would be quite a time-sink as you need to play over the course of multiple seasons. Rivensbane requires doing the Last Wish raid and multiple challenges within. And finally Cursebreaker requires doing activities in the Dreaming City. I would've said Cursebreaker is the easiest but unfortunately one of the Triumphs required for it is currently bugged and thus is unnobtainable.

Fashion Statement

If you check your Collections tab in the menus, on the right side are a list of all the Badges you could potentially get. I believe a few of these are unobtainable due to locations being vaulted and equipment getting sunset. If you have Beyond Light, the easiest one to get will probably be Europan Collector. The equipment in this one is obtained through activities on Europa and and the triumphs related to Europa.  If you don't have Beyond Light then I would recommend chasing one of the Exotic badges ("Exotics: Red War" or "Exotics: Curse of Osiris and Warmind" are probably the easier 2 of the 3). If you buy exotics from Xur weekly then you should hopefully be able to get one of these eventually. Some of the exotics were tied to locations that were sunset so you will need to purchase them from the Exotic Kiosk on the tower.

Hey cjl,

Thanks for your answer. Which triumph is bugged in the Cursebreaker seal?

Also, I almost have the badges from Exotics: Red War, but there are a few weapons that I cannot buy from the Exotic Kiosk. For completing this, the only option I have is to hope that Xur bring them back right?

The dark age arsenal triumph within Gambit seal, which weapons should I use? Because gambit ones are not dropping. I tried with night watch, bottom dollar and bad omens, as I read that those works for it.

Edited by raulvj

For gambit try Gnawing Hunger instead of bottom dollar

For Cursebreaker seal there are some ahamkara bones that were removed for one of the lore book and for the exotic yeah your best bet would see if Xur is selling the ones your missing or they might also drop from random exotic engrams

Edited by cjl_001
  • Like 1

I've recently started D2 and from my research and playtime, Cursebreaker is easiest but the problem is not the bones (found all with no problem so far except for those located in remaining ascendant challenges (4 left)). So though i can't say 100% the bug is fixed, so far, so good.

However, the problem is getting the Horror's Least weapon, which is only available in The Corrupted Nightfall strike, which from what i've read, is not in this Season (Season of the Chosen) rotation. So right now, it's unobtainable. My understanding is it's still an active seal until end of Season 15 so as long as it appears in next 2 seasons, it should be obtainable. Though as backup, i'm focusing on The Last Wish raid seal since that seems to be a shoe-in... so long as you have a full understanding of the raid and a competent group... so yeah... Cursebreaker and fingers crossed The Corrupted gets on Nightfall rotation next season. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 31/3/2021 at 9:41 AM, natchnatty said:

I've recently started D2 and from my research and playtime, Cursebreaker is easiest but the problem is not the bones (found all with no problem so far except for those located in remaining ascendant challenges (4 left)). So though i can't say 100% the bug is fixed, so far, so good.

However, the problem is getting the Horror's Least weapon, which is only available in The Corrupted Nightfall strike, which from what i've read, is not in this Season (Season of the Chosen) rotation. So right now, it's unobtainable. My understanding is it's still an active seal until end of Season 15 so as long as it appears in next 2 seasons, it should be obtainable. Though as backup, i'm focusing on The Last Wish raid seal since that seems to be a shoe-in... so long as you have a full understanding of the raid and a competent group... so yeah... Cursebreaker and fingers crossed The Corrupted gets on Nightfall rotation next season. 

Damn it! Horror's least is the last weapon I need for the badge and I was trying to get it all these days. About the bones I have now 9/16, the ones remaining are those from 3 ascendant and 4 from Throne.

Apparently, I won't have problems with the seal as I have the Gambit one almost finished, but the badge is gonna be quite a problem. The ones that I have more progress in, are unobtainable because the weapons are attached to Shadowkeep dlc, xur, or cant be obtained as horror's least. Thanks for you post, I really appreciate that!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

So slight update - speculating here but based on this article: This Week At Bungie – 4/22/2021 > News | Bungie.net

Bungie says "Before we move on to some juicy details about Armor Synthesis, we want to give a quick Public Service Announcement about the future of Nightfall weapons. Next Season, three new Legendary weapons will be added to Nightfall rotation, which will also receive Adept treatment when Grandmasters become available. As such, Palindrome, Shadow Price, and The S.W.A.R.M. will be taking a hiatus for the first half of the Season. When they return, all three will be available as potential post-game rewards when completing Nightfalls on featured weeks."

Based on this, and the fact Bungie is great at patching trophies to ensure they continue to be obtainable, my thought is they will do this for Horror's Least between now and the end of Season 15. If they don't, I would think they change the trophy requirement entirely since the Dreaming City Seals and Badges would be no longer available, unless they delay the vaulting of them.

So definitely for first half of Season of Splicer, the trophy is still unobtainable. Fingers crossed.. again :/

• Like 1

On 24/5/2021 at 11:26 PM, natchnatty said:

So slight update - speculating here but based on this article: This Week At Bungie – 4/22/2021 > News | Bungie.net

Bungie says "Before we move on to some juicy details about Armor Synthesis, we want to give a quick Public Service Announcement about the future of Nightfall weapons. Next Season, three new Legendary weapons will be added to Nightfall rotation, which will also receive Adept treatment when Grandmasters become available. As such, Palindrome, Shadow Price, and The S.W.A.R.M. will be taking a hiatus for the first half of the Season. When they return, all three will be available as potential post-game rewards when completing Nightfalls on featured weeks."

Based on this, and the fact Bungie is great at patching trophies to ensure they continue to be obtainable, my thought is they will do this for Horror's Least between now and the end of Season 15. If they don't, I would think they change the trophy requirement entirely since the Dreaming City Seals and Badges would be no longer available, unless they delay the vaulting of them.

So definitely for first half of Season of Splicer, the trophy is still unobtainable. Fingers crossed.. again :/

Thanks for your reply! I will put D2 aside for now.  As you said... fingers crossed.

Official update from Bungie employee on Reddit thread!!!!! 

Comment by dmg04:

Not at this time.

Team is looking to ensure Horror's Least can drop (even though it has a power cap) for those finishing out the seal, kind of lik...

Comment by dmg04:

Not at this time.

Team is looking to ensure Horror's Least can drop (even though it has a power cap) for those finishing out the seal, kind of lik...

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/28/2021 at 5:53 AM, raulvj said:

Hey cjl,

Thanks for your answer. Which triumph is bugged in the Cursebreaker seal?

Also, I almost have the badges from Exotics: Red War, but there are a few weapons that I cannot buy from the Exotic Kiosk. For completing this, the only option I have is to hope that Xur bring them back right?

The dark age arsenal triumph within Gambit seal, which weapons should I use? Because gambit ones are not dropping. I tried with night watch, bottom dollar and bad omens, as I read that those works for it.

For Dark Age Arsenal, only Gambit weapons that were around when Forsaken first launched will count. Those weapons are:

Hazard of the Cast - Auto Rifle
Bygones - Pulse Rifle
Trust - Hand Cannon
Distant Relation - Scout Rifle
Pillager - SMG
Parcel of Stardust - Shotgun
Dreaded Venture - Sniper Rifle
Bad Omens - Rocket Launcher
Malfeasance - Exotic Hand Cannon

All of those have been sunset except for Malfeasance and Bad Omens. So you'll be using a sunset weapon in your energy slot, and unless you've got Malfeasance a sunset weapon in your kinetic slot. That isn't really a problem if you're not invading or trying to kill the enemy invader, since power level isn't going to matter for add clear and Primeval damage.

Unless you've got one of those sunset kinetic or energy weapons in your vault, however, they don't drop any longer. Drifter still has both Bygones (kinetic) and Trust (energy) available to buy directly from him, so without any of the other weapons handy those are your only options. Which isn't really a problem, as Bygones and Trust are both solid weapons. You may have to reset your Infamy rank once or twice before you're able to buy all of those weapons from Drifter. I don't remember if that's necessary.