Love survival horror games but not this one

K_e_r_c_k_11

21 minutes ago, K-e-r-c-k said:

Focus the upgrades on your stamina, flash bolts, electric bolts, freeze bolts and matches. DO NOT UPGRADE YOUR REVOLVER AND SHOTGUN.

Save some green gel for ammo upgrades as well. If you have the incendiary bolts then it'll be easier for you to instakill a LOT of enemies.

I beat Akumu last night at 11 hours and 170 (ish) deaths. Stamina, flash bolts, electric bolts and matches were king but I found freeze bolts to only be occasionally useful. Upgrading the Revolver helps with the Spider boss fight (Chapter 12) and an upgraded Magnum really helps with the invisible boss (Chapter 14) and the twin Keeper fight (Chapter 15). Upgrading the Sniper helps too. Honestly I had plenty of gel and had opened all but one of the lockers by the end. Gondola (Chapter 11) was a bit of a pain but I was able to use flash bolts to control the pace of the fight. The burning house in Chapter 6 has really bad checkpoints but with upgraded flash bolts I was able to buy enough time for Joseph to open the door.

Edited by bikeman223

7 minutes ago, bikeman223 said:

I beat Akumu last night at 11 hours and 170 (ish) deaths. Stamina, flash bolts, electric bolts and matches were king but I found freeze bolts to only be occasionally useful. Upgrading the Revolver helps with the Spider boss fight (Chapter 12) and an upgraded Magnum really helps with the invisible boss (Chapter 14) and the twin Keeper fight (Chapter 15). Upgrading the Sniper helps too. Honestly I had plenty of gel and had opened all but one of the lockers by the end. Gondola (Chapter 11) was a bit of a pain but I was able to use flash bolts to control the pace of the fight. The burning house in Chapter 6 has really bad checkpoints but with upgraded flash bolts I was able to buy enough time for Joseph to open the door.

Glad u finished it congrats. Flash bolts is just so good in pretty much anywhere or when it is available. Its op and it helped me to get through chapter 6 with dying at least less than 5 times. I didn't struggle at Laura's boss fight, since upgraded freeze bolts did the rest for me. Keepers were easy as well, a well aimed freeze bolts then using my magnum to kill both with penetration damage.

13 minutes ago, K-e-r-c-k said:

Glad u finished it congrats. Flash bolts is just so good in pretty much anywhere or when it is available. Its op and it helped me to get through chapter 6 with dying at least less than 5 times. I didn't struggle at Laura's boss fight, since upgraded freeze bolts did the rest for me. Keepers were easy as well, a well aimed freeze bolts then using my magnum to kill both with penetration damage.

Laura gave me some grief because I had trouble timing my matches to burn her when she spawned from the bodies. If I messed up with one match that was pretty much it because at that point I was too close. That's another area with an annoying checkpoint because you have to drop down into the room every time you die. I get the feeling that most of the time I used an upgrade Shock Bolt at parts where you used an upgraded freeze bolt, so I guess both are equally viable. That being said, freeze bolts are pretty much mandatory for disarming proximity bombs on Akumu mode.

Edited by bikeman223

Just managed to beat Akumu after 7 years ? It felt a lot easier than what I remembered about the game and actually very friendly. All the check points are still there, a few can be used to manipulate the game state / defuse bombs for parts. If collect all keys there will be so much ammo & Green Gel to waste on anything. 

• 3 months later...

I know i might be late to the party on this but i agree that evil within 1 is not that fun, i find it very up and down in terms of how it plays as to me. Making a problem and then making the way to fix the problem such as the sprint bar being complete shit at the start is a move i rather not see. same with melee upgrading. am more of the mind set of upgrading the ammo cap, the ammo in the gun and dmg it can do and if it can hit the mark from far better and reload speed. Not the crit chance or any of that crap. As I grew up with the SH games and feel that new weapons should be gotten or found to upgrade you like going from a 2x4 to a pipe was an upgrade or how RE0 did, hunting shotgun to a normal one both have pros and cons but yeah that is how i view it.

However who ever made the plot of Evil within 1 it feels like it was their first time writing due to the jumping left and right and so on and yes you do get a info dump at the end but it does not explain shit still as if your teleported to the stem world by a sound from the radio then you should be dead as the car would crash it is in my mind bs. But that is how i feel about the game. The second game fixed alot of problems mostly in terms of making the game feel better and giving abit of an open world feel is like SH1 or 2 again felt good and i miss that kind of feeling. The plot of 2 still was not the best but felt better than 1s by a shot in the dark but yeah.