Couple of questions about FFVII Remake

Hi all,

Not been on here for yonks. Hope you're all well things considering. Anyway I'm just gonna go straight to the questions and would appreciate any clearance you can give. 

1: I know of NG+ and how you replay chapters on hard, but on this playthrough on easy I missed doing the coliseum with Aeris. Didn't even know about the specific fights for that and currently I am on chapter 14. If/when I complete the game, Can I go straight to chapter 9 and advance to the point with all my gear as well as previous coliseum victories without having to do them all again and just to get Aeris's fights done?

2: The same goes for the dresses. So complete chapter 3 but this time choose exotic, do you then finish the chapter and then instead of picking chapter 4 you can go straight to chapter 9 and make different dialog choices to get Cloud's and Aeris's 2nd dresses and then rince and repeat for hard mode with the mature dress?

3: Is Yuffie's expansion definitely PS5 only? Seems financially silly of them considering the majority of us still only have PS4's as well as the majority of copies of the remake sold for PS4. Yes I am aware that they upscalled FFVIIR for PS5. But it seems odd they would upscale a huge game but not an expansion.

4: Cannot wait to see what the Golden Saucer looks like. Yeah I hate the squatting and pull-ups mini game on FFVIIR, but hope they do the Choccobo races similar to a Gallop Racer game. I still have vomit inducing nightmares of the FFXR race,,,,, Brrr. And the snow boarding could be awesome too. Been a while since I played the original on release and not even sure if I will live long enough to see the remake finished at this rate haha, but I wonder if that area will be an expansion on its own too? A sort of a break from the norm DLC. 

Edited by DaveMcDamage

1. you always have to redo the hole chapter to get to a certain point. Yes you keep the victory in the coliseum missions, so you only have to play that one Aertih mission. But yes you can use your current gear and level, your not getting downgraded

2 for the dresses you have to play the hole chapter from beginning till the end. You could do the 2nd dress in hard mode and the 3rd dress in replay on any difficulty.

3. what we know now Yuffie is PS5 exclusive, probably to give PS4 owners a reason to rebuy it for the next gen.

4. we cant look into the future I guess

Edited by iSooPx

24 minutes ago, DaveMcDamage said:

Hi all,

Not been on here for yonks. Hope you're all well things considering. Anyway I'm just gonna go straight to the questions and would appreciate any clearance you can give.  

Yeah, last i saw you gave your PSN account away and were going to deactivate your profile here.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Crispy_Oglop said:

Yeah, last i saw you gave your PSN account away and were going to deactivate your profile here.

Yeah I remember that. Packed it all up and everything and then my pal couldn't believe I was prepared to do it, then he added that he doesn't want a PS4 when he just ordered the PS5 lol.

57 minutes ago, iSooPx said:

1. you always have to redo the hole chapter to get to a certain point. Yes you keep the victory in the coliseum missions, so you only have to play that one Aertih mission. But yes you can use your current gear and level, your not getting downgraded

2 for the dresses you have to play the hole chapter from beginning till the end. You could do the 2nd dress in hard mode and the 3rd dress in replay on any difficulty.

3. what we know now Yuffie is PS5 exclusive, probably to give PS4 owners a reason to rebuy it for the next gen.

4. we cant look into the future I guess

2: Yeah I assumed you would have to complete the chapter, but once you complete chapter 3 and make the Tifa choice, do you then skip straight to chapter 9 to make the Cloud and Aeris choices then rinse and repeat a final time?

By the way. Is chapter 14 the last time you can get to Wall Market, because my gameplay has come to a grinding halt today as I cannot beat the pull-ups contest on pro mode but don't want to waste my entire remaining week off on that stupid requirement. 

10 hours ago, DaveMcDamage said:

Yeah I remember that. Packed it all up and everything and then my pal couldn't believe I was prepared to do it, then he added that he doesn't want a PS4 when he just ordered the PS5 lol.

2: Yeah I assumed you would have to complete the chapter, but once you complete chapter 3 and make the Tifa choice, do you then skip straight to chapter 9 to make the Cloud and Aeris choices then rinse and repeat a final time?

By the way. Is chapter 14 the last time you can get to Wall Market, because my gameplay has come to a grinding halt today as I cannot beat the pull-ups contest on pro mode but don't want to waste my entire remaining week off on that stupid requirement. 

you can skip to chapter 8 after done the hole chapter 3 and after 8 you can jump to chapter 9 in chapter select. no need to play everything in between.

Chapter 14 is the last time in Wall Market but using chapter select after the game you can redo everything and jump back to Wall Markt in chapter 14.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, DaveMcDamage said:

Regarding your question about the dresses, you must play through chapters 3, 8, and 9. Once you complete chapter 3 you can use chapter select to skip to chapter 8 so you do not have to play through the chapters in between. The length of these chapters is also going to depend as the dresses are based around the amount of side quests you do in each chapter.

• Like 1