• 1 year later...

What about quitting to the main menu? After you die, pressing R1 you can choose which save file to load, but selecting "back" you can quit to the main menu, then load a save file from there. Would it work?

EDIT: IT WORKS! I've finished the game doing this after every death, and I've got "Ghosts don't die" trophy. But unfortunately not "Samaritan". Well, is still more comfortable than closing the whole game

Edited by EndoManno

• 1 month later...
On 6/6/2022 at 1:02 PM, EndoManno said:

What about quitting to the main menu? After you die, pressing R1 you can choose which save file to load, but selecting "back" you can quit to the main menu, then load a save file from there. Would it work?

EDIT: IT WORKS! I've finished the game doing this after every death, and I've got "Ghosts don't die" trophy. But unfortunately not "Samaritan". Well, is still more comfortable than closing the whole game

Just wanted to post and I say I did none of that, and I must have died over half a dozen times on my first playthrough, and I still got the Ghosts Don't Die trophy.  I never exited to menu, never quit the game, and never copied a backed up save.  I didn't get Samaritan, of course, as that likely requires using backed up saves.  But for Ghosts it just seems to give it to you either way.  I just wanted to let you know that.

I plan to start my 2nd playthrough soon and backing up after each successful mission (assuming I don't die), like I did with the first game.