Can I have access to my U.S. content if I buy a Japanese Vita?

The_Mighty_Ducks

Which store you will be assigned depends on the region of your account. If you sign in with a US account then you will only have access to the US store. Same with the download list, it's tied to your account rather than the Vita's region. You will be able to redownload content as long as you sign in with the account that owns it regardless of the Vita's region.

Edited by iriihutoR84
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, iriihutoR84 said:

Which store you will be assigned depends on the region of your account. If you sign in with a US account then you will only have access to the US store. Same with the download list, it's tied to your account rather than the Vita's region. You will be able to redownload content as long as you sign in with the account that owns it regardless of the Vita's region.

Hey do you also know if you can reassign which button can be the Confirm button? 

Or is it set to O being Confirm and X Cancel/Back?

Just now, The_Mighty_Ducks said:

Hey do you also know if you can reassign which button can be the Confirm button? 

Or is it set to O being Confirm and X Cancel/Back?

I think you can reverse them completely in the options IIRC so that the Vita interprets you pressing X as you pressing O but that will mess up more things in games than it will solve. For example you will have to get used to jumping with O when 99% of your games on other consoles use X to jump. I would not recommend it. The Vita's menus are best navigated with touch anyway and it's mostly in system menus that the buttons are reversed. It's not really a big problem in my opinion.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, The_Mighty_Ducks said:

Might buy a Japanese Vita in the near future but was wondering if I can re-download the games I bought in the 1f1fa-1f1f8.pngUS store?

If your PSN account is of US region - no problem. I also had a Japanese Vita before.