Upgrading my external hard drive question

Jason-DFG

I've been using a 1TB external Seagate hard drive for the past 2 years but now i finally ordered a 4tb Seagate drive. My question is can i transfer my installed games from the 1TB external HDD to the 4TB external one using my pc? Because i got the pt demo on my 1TB external HDD but i would like to transfer it over on my 4TB one without it breaking my games on the HDD

Apparently not. The easiest way would be to transfer the data (in this case PT) to the internal disk and then transfer it to the new external. Considering that's the only one you won't be able to download again, it's the safest way to do so.

https://www.neogaf.com/threads/ps4-can-you-transfer-data-from-1-external-hdd-to-another.1417644/

3 minutes ago, Folkenio said:

Apparently not. The easiest way would be to transfer the data (in this case PT) to the internal disk and then transfer it to the new external. Considering that's the only one you won't be able to download again, it's the safest way to do so.

https://www.neogaf.com/threads/ps4-can-you-transfer-data-from-1-external-hdd-to-another.1417644/

Thats the issue here mate it wont let me transfer it to the internal (im on the ps5)

5 minutes ago, Jason-DFG said:

Thats the issue here mate it wont let me transfer it to the internal (im on the ps5)

Oh, that's another story then. Sadly, I have no clue.

I'm not sure how it will work, considering that external HDDs get encrypted for use on the console they connect on first instance, so it may not be possible at all. Unless Sony works on a new update to grant access to such functionality in the future, it may as well stay there.

4 minutes ago, Folkenio said:

Oh, that's another story then. Sadly, I have no clue.

I'm not sure how it will work, considering that external HDDs get encrypted for use on the console they connect on first instance, so it may not be possible at all. Unless Sony works on a new update to grant access to such functionality in the future, it may as well stay there.

I know it should work from a ps4 the trick you said but sadly i dont own one anymore so thats no option :/

3 minutes ago, KingmathyGoodman said:

Having both hard drives connected to the system (ps4 or ps5) should give you the option to transfer data from one hard drive to the other.

I don't think that is an option you can only connect 1 hard drive at a time unless i'm wrong?

Edited by Jason-DFG

3 minutes ago, KingmathyGoodman said:

You can connect more than one as the systems have more than one USB port.

Thats not how it works though i'm certain it used to be like that on the ps4 even on the ps5 where u can equip 1 hdd at a time the software doesnt allow more then 1