cometmoth's Platinum Garden

lsroom__

Hello everyone, this will hopefully be my history log of all the platinum trophies I will achieve in the future. There will only be trophies from PS3 though, because I plan to wait on PS4's price to drop and for the kinks to be straightened out since launch. I am in no hurry to get one anyway, because there are still so many wonderful games out there for the PS3 that I have yet to get my hands on. This list is still small though, because I just only started having this account. I intend to make this a 100% account, shoutout to eburkulosis and PrinceofPersia for inspiring me to make one! I was impressed by their dedication to complete all their games. I do have another account by the name of ishallsucc33d, and you're all welcome to add me as a friend if you like! :)

Anyway, a bit of introduction about me. I come from Singapore, a small country in Southeast Asia, age 21 this year, and currently in my first year of college. Still getting used to the life there haha! I love animals, cats especially, so I like to spend my time volunteering at SPCA, an animal shelter that takes in abandoned pets like cats, dogs, rabbits, and hamsters. I am also working part time at Night Safari, which is basically a zoo but at night, featuring nocturnal animals! Cool, isn't it?

So as a start, here's my first Platinum for this account.

1L3a3dab.png

Platinum #1

The Last of Us

It can't be for nothing

16th Nov 2013

5:48:56 PM

Thoroughly enjoyed the single player campaign, the relationship between Joel & Ellie and its development throughout the entire story was phenomenal. Naughty Dog has done an awesome job of storytelling and delivering a range of emotions and feelings. I choked up during this one particular scene ( I think it was in Chapter 9 at the dam) between Ellie and Joel when Ellie didn't want to Joel to leave her with Tommy, admitting that she would only feel safer with Joel. I played through the single player campaign 4 times, first just to thoroughly enjoy the game, second to get all the collectibles, 3rd for the Survivor difficulty, and the 4th for cleanup. The Multiplayer trophies were the last ones I picked up. Though they were time-consuming, I did enjoy my experience levelling up and learning tips and tricks to get the advantage during a match. Overall an awesome game, recommend it to anyone, I hope it gets the Game of the Year award.

1Lb6376a.png

Platinum #2 

Far Cry 3

Mastered the Jungle

24th Nov 2013

10:26:42 PM

I platinumed this game before on my 1st account, but decided to go for it again on this second account since I enjoyed the game so much, and partly also because I wanted to beef up this account with more trophies ASAP, so… Yeah the story was great. Vaas was an awesome villain, the actor played the part beautifully, and I loved his trademark line about the definition of insanity. The multiplayer was hella fun too, although I was frustrated about the fact that you weren't able to select the map/mission if you weren't the host, and most players kept replaying the same few missions over and over again so it was hard to get some of those online trophies.

1Lac08c5.png

Platinum #3

Grand Theft Auto V

Los Santos Legend

25th Dec 2013

1:59:31 AM

This is my first Ultra Rare platinum, so I am very proud of it! The 3 protagonists were interesting and comical, I loved each and every one of their unique and distinct personalities and idiosyncrasies. The dialogue during driving scenes and the cutscenes were all entertaining and kept me occupied so I didn't feel so bored. The trophies for the collectibles were quite time consuming, and so was the Kifflom mission. Online was a bit of 50-50 for me, it was hard to find partners for boosting and some people were only interested in killing each other in open sessions. But thankfully I managed to find some kind souls to help me out, and I helped some others out in turn too! The last trophy I needed was the one for Rank 100, and that one was a hell of a grind. Took me about 5-6 days to rank from 40+ all the way to 100 and I did it by repeating the Quick Getaway Race solo, I believe it was the fastest way to rank up solo at the time, not sure about that now. In total, I spent about 60-70 hours for the single player and 120 hours on Online. The most time I've spent on a single game yet.

Edited by cometmoth
  • Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Well, for having one plat only on this account...it is definitely an awesome one!  Can't wait til you get your other eventual plats  :D

Thank you Starrk_01! I am excited for them as well :)

Nice! 3 games played and 2 platinums huh? Are you going to try to plat/100% every game you play?

Yes, that's my plan! I want to maintain this account at a 100% completion rate, and it's going as planned so far. 

Nice ;) I can really appriciate you going for 100% in everything is a pretty cool thing to do, but I would never be able to do that. I am just way to lazy for that :D

Good luck with your new account a getting all those platinums ;)

Thanks a lot! I like to see my account at a 100% completion rate, and I always don't feel satisfied until I have done everything there is to do in a game. Happy gaming!

• Like 1