Question about missing timestamps saved to usb (site rules related)

TimeLordCrow13y

Apologies if this is confusing and technical, just trying to find a way to earn trophies (w/o having to redo them or risk them being flagged once they’re synced) on PS3. Mods feel free to move this or ask me to move this if it needs to be elsewhere on the forum. 

I’m still in the process of trying to get my PS3 Slim fixed (bad WiFi/Bluetooth chip-have been asking around with little luck so far) but with everything going on and me being increasingly worried about trophy syncing going away at some point in the future, I have a few questions. 

If I log out of my account on PS3, and start playing games on a newly created offline profile (my PS3 currently has no way of connecting to the internet) that would create missing timestamps for trophies, right? 

So then, if I saved that data to a USB, got my console fixed (whatever that requires-might be a new motherboard) and re-loaded my PS3 saves (and maybe earned another trophy offline in all games) before syncing that profile to my main account...

Would that mean all the trophies I earned would still have missing timestamps and thus be immune from being flagged?

I know any online trophies with missing timestamps would be flagged, but as I said-I cannot connect to the internet at all, so that’s not an issue. 

Also wondering if my previously earned trophies from something like Tomb Raider would be messed up/replaced by “missing timestamps” (and thus get flagged) if I did this. 

Edit: Would still love an answer to this. Although for now I’ve (hopefully) temporarily resolved the issue by borrowing a close friend’s PS3. 

Edited by TimeLordCrow13y
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 4/12/2021 at 4:47 PM, TimeLordCrow13y said:

Apologies if this is confusing and technical, just trying to find a way to earn trophies (w/o having to redo them or risk them being flagged once they’re synced) on PS3. Mods feel free to move this or ask me to move this if it needs to be elsewhere on the forum. 

I’m still in the process of trying to get my PS3 Slim fixed (bad WiFi/Bluetooth chip-have been asking around with little luck so far) but with everything going on and me being increasingly worried about trophy syncing going away at some point in the future, I have a few questions. 

If I log out of my account on PS3, and start playing games on a newly created offline profile (my PS3 currently has no way of connecting to the internet) that would create missing timestamps for trophies, right? 

So then, if I saved that data to a USB, got my console fixed (whatever that requires-might be a new motherboard) and re-loaded my PS3 saves (and maybe earned another trophy offline in all games) before syncing that profile to my main account...

Would that mean all the trophies I earned would still have missing timestamps and thus be immune from being flagged?

I know any online trophies with missing timestamps would be flagged, but as I said-I cannot connect to the internet at all, so that’s not an issue. 

Also wondering if my previously earned trophies from something like Tomb Raider would be messed up/replaced by “missing timestamps” (and thus get flagged) if I did this. 

Edit: Would still love an answer to this. Although for now I’ve (hopefully) temporarily resolved the issue by borrowing a close friend’s PS3. 

They would still be missing timestamps, if it was a new motherboard however, your trophies would pop back to back, since you can't use your hard drive on a different motherboard