Random *and* timed?!

DougAScott

Guess I’m not completing the game, because that random, timed pair of puzzles near the end have me completely defeated. I got one pretty easily but the other is one of the Tetris puzzles, which I’m lousy at. Needed a walkthrough for the vast majority of those.

God, I hate timed challenges.

Apologies for whining. Needed to vent a little.

Is there a time glitch for the one near the end of the Mountain? I see a lot of people talking about a glitch when doing the “Challenge” trophy, but that’s not what I’m stuck on. (I don’t know if I even have access to the Challenge yet.) Sorry if I was at all unclear.

If the infinite time glitch works on this earlier puzzle, that’d be great! ?

There’s one pair on the bottom (I think?) floor of the Mountain. A couple of sliding panels move up, revealing a pair of puzzles that you’ve only got about 10 seconds to solve before the panels slide shut again. When they reopen, the puzzles have changed. (At least if you solve one, it stays solved.)

• 6 months later...

It's been five years since I played this game, but I remember out of the 700+ grid puzzles, I only had to look up a solution for no more than five. As far as "The Challenge" goes, by the time I'd gotten to it, I'd solved so many other puzzles in the game that I was ready for it. Not to take away from the difficulty folks are experiencing with this part, this is part of the genius of the game's design. Like, you just start seeing solutions for easier puzzles as soon as you first look at it, or you can "read" a puzzle with certain symbols much faster than you were able to a few hours of playtime ago. Just keep at it and you'll eventually end up with a series of puzzles that you'll be able to solve quick enough to make it to the end. 

I will note that I needed a little bit of help in order to best it myself. My brother had to make note of the triangle symbols on the tabletop board for me so I could navigate the maze room better.