PS4 profile cover image not displaying?

Raidou Kuzunoha XIV

So a bit of a minor issue, but I noticed that the cover image on my profile on PS4 (the background image, not my avatar) seems to suddenly be gone. When I try clicking "change cover image", it just comes up saying "process could not be completed. Please try again later", so I can't even try to change it back.

Is anyone else getting this? I have no idea if it's my PS4 or PSN. My profile colour and banner are still displaying fine on PS3 and Vita (did have those randomly delete themselves twice in the past year). Never had issues with my cover image on PS4, as far as I can recall. PS4 seems fine otherwise, already tried turning it off and on again and all that. The only other issue I've been getting lately is sometimes the beep is super quiet and/or brief when turning it on, but I assume perhaps the speaker in it is just dying, I have had it since launch in 2013.

Edit: Seems like my profile image is now back, and I can freely change the cover image again without the error message, so I assume it was just an issue on PSN's side.  Gonna lock this now. Mods, feel free to delete this topic, since I don't seem to be able to myself.

Edited by SuperSmexy500

46 minutes ago, SuperSmexy500 said:

My profile colour and banner are still displaying fine on PS3 and Vita

I have nothing to add about the PS4 banner, but I noticed that my "about me" that accompanies my profile is gone now. It was set on PS3 back in 2007 or so and I've never adjusted it on newer hardware generations. Anyone else have this happen?

4 minutes ago, Helyx said:

I have nothing to add about the PS4 banner, but I noticed that my "about me" that accompanies my profile is gone now. It was set on PS3 back in 2007 or so and I've never adjusted it on newer hardware generations. Anyone else have this happen?

I believe I've had mine delete itself before, I think during the same instances where my profile colour/banner on PS3 and Vita reset themselves. Usually the languages I've set on my profile also get reset. I've also had my avatar go back to the default smiley face once or twice over the years.

• Like 1