Out-of-bounds exploit for grinding distance/km

TheArcadeKid

Hey all. I don't think there's anything about this on these forums (or anywhere else, actually), so I'm sharing it here. I've found an out-of-bounds glitch that'll let you grind at least 1000 kilometres per hour BUT your ship respawns roughly every eight and a half minutes.

The track is Uma V. Choose Quick Play > Time Trial, and set Speed Class to Elite. Ship/Cosmetic/Performance load-outs don't seem to make any difference, although I haven't tested this too thoroughly.

Very close to the start (about four seconds in, if you're playing normally), you'll see the track go up and down sharply like waves.

DSC-0284.jpg

If you hit boost and tilt the nose of your ship up, you should be able to fly over either the left- or right-side barrier and into the out-of-bounds area pretty consistently. Aim for the cliffs: ideally, you want to clip right through them, because if you don't, you might just respawn. On the other hand, if you go too far, you might actually land on the track behind the mountains, in which case you'll need to complete the lap and try again.

Flying parallel to the barrier and suddenly veering off to the left (or right) the moment you have enough speed and height is usually your best bet. Make sure you hit the speed pads, and remember: tilt the nose of your ship up.

DSC-0285.jpg

If you've done it right, you'll be in freefall at about 1035kph, but your ship always respawns after around 8 and a half minutes. You'll rack up around 150 kilometres each time. 

A few other points:

• You can get out-of-bounds by flying over either the left or right barrier; it makes no difference
  • You don't have to finish your lap to save the kilometres travelled. As far as I can tell, you can even quit during freefall, and your kilometres will still be saved.
  • In freefall, if you tilt the nose of your ship down and accelerate at the same time, you can increase your kph by 500-600 (it seems to vary depending on how far you've fallen). You'll travel the same distance but respawn faster - after around six minutes. 
  • My game never crashed or anything, thankfully

Apologies for the lack of a video - I don't have the facilities for that. It's also entirely possible there's another out-of-bounds zone in the game which doesn't cause your ship to respawn at all - but in all honesty, I don't have the patience or imagination to go looking for it. 

tl;dr: There's an out-of-bounds glitch on Uma V that'll grind 150 kilometres every 8 and a half minutes. You'll need to take control of your ship again each time. It's not as good as something you can leave on overnight, but at the very least, I hope it helps anyone who wants the platinum for this game without developing carpal tunnel syndrome. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...