Free update DLC retroactively pops trophies

Ancestral_Spirit

Just thought i might mention that the 1.5 update adds a few trophies, for things that you could do quite a few months ago.

As soon as you load up your game, and you hit options to bring up your main menu, your trophies should start retroactively popping and your game may freeze up a little.

This post can also act as an early warning for the CRT so that a bunch of people don't get wrongly flagged  :) 

• Like 1

Are all those popped trophies new?

I'm pretty sure I had golden ones for upgrading statues to the max level, but now they're all of current date 28th of April...

P.S. Only PS5 version has platinum, is that correct?

Edited by Hymeleon

11 hours ago, Hymeleon said:

Are all those popped trophies new?

I'm pretty sure I had golden ones for upgrading statues to the max level, but now they're all of current date 28th of April...

P.S. Only PS5 version has platinum, is that correct?

Yes, the update for 1.5 only launched yesterday (might be 2 days now depending on your timezone), and the 1.5 update added the new trophies  :)

The only trophies that were added that are new are not in the base game list, but they're listed as DLC trophy pack, and those were all the ones that retroactively popped for me.

In the base game, there is no trophy for upgrading the statues to max level  :) 

The PS5 version does indeed have a platinum, but i don't know how the trophy popping works on that one, i'm too poor to buy a PS5  >.<

• Like 2

Hi everyone!

Just to state the obvious but... in order to see the new trophies retroactively pop, you only need to click "Start" on your DualShock4 once you continue your game.

Have fun and stay safe! ?

Diego

P.S. What do you think of the new trophies? Are they too "grindy" in your opinion? I retroactively earned 10 at once. ?

14 hours ago, Ancestral_Spirit said:

Yes, the update for 1.5 only launched yesterday (might be 2 days now depending on your timezone), and the 1.5 update added the new trophies  :)

The only trophies that were added that are new are not in the base game list, but they're listed as DLC trophy pack, and those were all the ones that retroactively popped for me.

In the base game, there is no trophy for upgrading the statues to max level  :) 

The PS5 version does indeed have a platinum, but i don't know how the trophy popping works on that one, i'm too poor to buy a PS5  >.<

Really hope they may patch out a platinum to PS4 lists someday... I think this has been done before.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GastNDorf said:

Really hope they may patch out a platinum to PS4 lists someday... I think this has been done before.

I honestly can't think of a game that's had a platinum trophy retroactively added. Additional trophy as DLC and addons yes, but i can't think of any game that adds platinums or trophies to a base game.

Someone feel free to chime in if i'm wrong :) 

10 hours ago, DiegoDolmetscher said:

Hi everyone!

Just to state the obvious but... in order to see the new trophies retroactively pop, you only need to click "Start" on your DualShock4 once you continue your game.

Have fun and stay safe! 1f60e.png

Diego

P.S. What do you think of the new trophies? Are they too "grindy" in your opinion? I retroactively earned 10 at once. 1f605.png

I wouldn't say that they're grindy, then again i'm biased cos i freakin love this game  xD

It's not like you don't get some great rewards out of doing the potentially grindy 'open all the chests' trophies.

Since the game gets updated with new content so often as well, even when building yourself up to get strong enough to go for the spiral abyss trophy, the biggest blockade to getting the 100%, it's not like there's a shortage of good stuff to go for.

I'd say if you're ONLY interested in trophies, don't bother with this game in general. However if you're in it for the trophies but mostly gameplay, defo play Genshin Impact.

I'm one of those people that doesn't usually go in for free to play game with microtransactions, but the game is doable even if you don't pay a penny, and i'm enjoying the game that much i essentially pay a subscription fee of sorts.

There's a buyable thing called 'Blessing of the Welkin Moon', which gives you 90 of the premium currency a day for a full month, and i just get that for £4.50 a month.

It's not much, and i get a lovely little drip feed of premium currency, along with all the premium currency i earn in game, to try for new characters and weapons  :) 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Ancestral_Spirit said:

I wouldn't say that they're grindy, then again i'm biased cos i freakin love this game  xD

It's not like you don't get some great rewards out of doing the potentially grindy 'open all the chests' trophies.

Since the game gets updated with new content so often as well, even when building yourself up to get strong enough to go for the spiral abyss trophy, the biggest blockade to getting the 100%, it's not like there's a shortage of good stuff to go for.

I'd say if you're ONLY interested in trophies, don't bother with this game in general. However if you're in it for the trophies but mostly gameplay, defo play Genshin Impact.

I'm one of those people that doesn't usually go in for free to play game with microtransactions, but the game is doable even if you don't pay a penny, and i'm enjoying the game that much i essentially pay a subscription fee of sorts.

There's a buyable thing called 'Blessing of the Welkin Moon', which gives you 90 of the premium currency a day for a full month, and i just get that for £4.50 a month.

It's not much, and i get a lovely little drip feed of premium currency, along with all the premium currency i earn in game, to try for new characters and weapons  :) 

I completely agree, buddy: I love this game too. It's just that - since I am also playing Bloodborne at the moment and I've been playing other games as well since September - some trophies are quite time-consuming.

But then again, I haven't spent a single Euro since day-one, earning 15 out of 17 trophies on the base game; so you're right, it truly is doable even if you don't pay a penny.

Regrettably, I would just say that only the two "6th ascension" trophies are a pain. ?