Info for anyone picking up Zelda 3DS XL

dodgedoors

Just heard that Nintendo is running a promotion that if you buy a 3DS or 3DSXL and one of 15 selected games and register them on club nintendo from November 27- Jan 13 you get Super Mario 3D Land download code free.  Now here is the thing, Link between worlds is one of those titles.  But I think it will register it automatically when you enter in the code, so you may need to hold off on downloading Link Between Worlds until the 27th . 

I haven't seen any in depth detail about this yet. I will update if I find out this is the case.

Link : http://www.videogamer.com/3ds/super_mario/news/super_mario_3d_land_free_when_you_register_nintendo_3ds_between_november_and_january.html

Edited by dodgedoors

I was planning on purchasing a 3DS XL anyway but... I already own Super Mario 3D Land  :(

Edit: Wait, it appears the promotion is only for the UK anyway.  Unless I'm missing something.

You're right, I missed it but I'm still not going to register this until after holiday season just in case, Nintendo doesn't warn us about promotions until well after everywhere else because they hate us for some reason. They should be mad at the Dolphins and Whales.