Beaucoup Bombs trophy falsely popped/glitched for me

HazyDie

Hi there!

The Beaucoup Bombs trophy ("Throw 5000 bombs in Bomber Royale") falsely popped when I was doing Shadow Towers early in the game about 2 months ago. It popped when I defeated the second boss named Weeping Prophet and the game shouldn’t have given me any trophy. This trophy is normally unlocked after you threw 5000 bombs in Bomber Royale. I attached the trophy video that my PS5 recorded below, so you can see how it unlocked.

My concern is that somebody is gonna flag me, because I got this trophy in less than 3 days after I got my first trophy in Trove. I don’t think it's possible to get it this fast if you just keep playing Bomber Royale mode normally. I don't know what the highest rate of throwing bombs in this game mode is, but I feel like it would take longer than a few days to throw that many bombs, considering matchmaking takes some time.

Earning your first trophy in a game doesn’t necessarily mean you just started playing it. However, in Trove the Inkling of Power trophy ("Achieve 100 Power Rank") should be one of the first quick trophies that you get just by playing the game normally. Especially if you play Bomber Royale, you get a lot of XP (depending how long you stay alive) and if you level up you gain 15 Power Rank points for each level. So you should reach 100 Power Rank very quickly with any class, not speaking of gear which gives even more Power Rank and is a standard way of getting stronger. Also, the 16 different playable classes start at 15 Power Rank and level 1 if you unequip the basic weapon that gives 1 Power Rank point.

I think this trophy is glitched and falsely unlocking for some, because I found other players who either got this trophy early or got it very close to the other 2 Shadow Tower related trophies that you get when defeating other bosses at later stages (and bosses can be insanely easy depending on your strength and difficulty).

For example Haramfood05 (https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/5664-trove/Haramfood05?order=date) got the Beaucoup Bombs trophy in just less than 1 hour and 10 minutes after the first trophy and Antonusgr (https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/5664-trove/Antonusgr?order=date) got it in less than 1 day 19 hours after the first trophy.

I can only speak for myself and I only looked at some profiles but there are other players who also earned this trophy early game and perhaps also got it in Shadow Towers or somehow differently in the game.

I’ve read the "What Constitutes a Flag" post (https://forum.psnprofiles.com/topic/52663-what-constitutes-a-flag) and I don't think it mentions falsely popped trophies. My situation should fall under the point "In-Game Glitches/Exploits" which reads:

• In-Game Glitches/Exploits - [Note: Do not confuse this with external system exploits.] Usage of glitches performed within the game environment are allowed. Since these can be found accidentally by anyone, it's not considered cheating. Online glitches and exploits possible within the game environment are also allowed. (e.g moving through walls, going out of the map)

I didn’t use any glitches like going out of the map and just played the game normally, but to me it sounds like this point would include falsely unlocked trophies. I would consider it a glitch if a game gives me a trophy when it's not supposed to. So it should be allowed in my opinion.

What do you think of this situation that the trophy seems glitched and that some players got it very early in the game? Maybe it is possible to earn this trophy very quickly and I'm overlooking something. For me it didn't unlock while playing Bomber Royale and after I firstly saw the requirements of the trophy after I earned it, I was very confused because of that. I don’t wanna hide any games, because I like to view every game I played and resulting statistics on this website. I'm not sure what I should do if a game has glitched trophies and gives me trophies that are normally earned later in the game.

Sorry for this long post but I don't wanna get falsely flagged and I tried to provide crucial information with this post beforehand.

Edited by HazyDie
Corrected minor details.

Hey bro, the same thing happened to me, it's just a good type of glitch, the difference was that I already had a few hours of play in the bomb royale when I got it.

After all, if you want a partner to farm in Delves or Geode please add me, it is very annoying to farm alone.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 14.5.2021 at 0:50 AM, GuilhermeFr__ said:

Hey bro, the same thing happened to me, it's just a good type of glitch, the difference was that I already had a few hours of play in the bomb royale when I got it.

After all, if you want a partner to farm in Delves or Geode please add me, it is very annoying to farm alone.

Thank you for your reply. I made this post, because I'm new to PlayStation and this site and I stumbled across the "What Constitutes a Flag" post at some point and I remembered my Trove trophy falsely unlocking.

So I wasn't sure if it's allowed and whether or not I should do something about it. But according to the "What Constitutes a Flag" post it should be allowed, because of the "In-Game Glitches/Exploits" rule.

I have viewed some flagged game disputes and it seems that sometimes a player gets flagged for a game they played 10 years ago. Showing the evidence now that shows this is glitched is better in the long-term to avoid a future headache.

• 4 months later...

Just happening by, and yeah this has been a known problem since Bomber Royal first launched. I got it via the same circumstances the day it launched, which would have been physically impossible even for the most avid player. If you check unlock times, lots of people got it in that unlock window. It was reported up the ass at the time and a 'fix' was put into place. The fix mostly meant that instead of it unlocking all of the time, like it was, to randomly unlocking after using a bomb in the same tower difficulty. Which means anyone playing Boomeranger was probably going to get it pretty fast.

I can't find the thread offhand, but this was reported to the cheater detection team at the time. It was agreed to be a server side issue and therefore not cheating.

• 8 months later...