Difficulty impression?

Durandart

So i finished the Story Yesterday (Killed the Final Boss), now i "just" have to collect everything.

Now i'm really interested in you'r experience within the game? I don't think it was soooooo hard, i would say 5,5/10.

I died at the start a few times until i get the gameplay, then the first boss killed me once.

After that it was a chill, second biom first try with boss. It was close and i felt to death with the new gadget xD

Third Biom also First try, boss wasn't that hard.

Same with 4, but i died in the First room of Biom 5 because of the Rocket Launchers, there where like 20 flying idiots lol.

Yesterday the new start from Biom 4, i fought myself to the end of 5 and BAM no Boss but a new level xD

In this Biom there was One big encounter before the new gadget, this one was pretty though but i managed it and so went to the Final Boss that was also not so Hard.

Ok to be honest i was out of heals (with L1) and skipped the Golden Door Room (with the Star on it) in Biom 6 because of the Hard Rooms xD i was before the Final Boss and i don't want to ruin this run

Due to that i missed the Achieve "Weapon Proficiency level 30" because i was at 29,80 at the end xD

So in the End, i visited Biom (3,5 and 6) only once until the Endgame, not so much of Trial and Error as i thougt and hoped.

But i love the game ?

• Like 1

My opinion:

If you have played roguelikes before: Basically you will have only a few difficult sections in the game to deal with. You are used to the mechanics of roguelikes and the structure of builds, and have a fundamental understanding of risk vs reward.

If you haven't played roguelikes and bought it because of its exclusivity: This game may not be for you, as roguelikes have a certain amount of difficulty surrounding them. The game is not just a shooter, it is a shooter with rng/build base mechanics that can make or break a run in mere minutes. Most people will be like this, but if you can stick with the game and understand its fluid mechanics, you will wreck face. 

I personally loved it, played many roguelikes before. My only issue is the lack of save feature for when you want to leave the game or go to sleep. I had a run die when it updated and that sorely disappointed me. I think they don't want people save scumming, but these runs are like 2-3 hours long unless you have a God Build. I'd say it is an 8/10 due to this, also the ending kinda disappointed me.

Yeah, it was my first Roguelike (Roguelite said someone to me bc you keep some things) but maybe i will continue such games like Hades.

The wrong weapon in the wrong room and bam, your dead thats true, but with good reactions and a view for upcoming enemy attacks the dodge etc is easy.

My last run was like 2h40min from the Biom 4 --> Final Boss so yeah, a save would be great in the middel if something happens but i did't miss the feature, i knew it and started a run with enough time and stopped after a dead if i had to go in 1 hour or so.

This game's difficulty mostly depends on your experience with fast paced action games where movement, timing, camera control and paying attention to your surroundings without getting tunnel vision all play a big role.  The game itself is easier than many of Housemarque's other games though.  I found it much easier than Nex Machina or Matterfall.  It is a really enjoyable game to play but the difficulty is tuned more toward a broader audience than just action game fanatics.  You can pretty much sidestep most of Returnal's projectiles with only a few attacks actually requiring you to jump or time your dodge properly to avoid them.  I found all the attacks from each boss to be substantially easier to avoid than boss attacks in Furi which is a very similar game in terms of boss design.  Hip firing is also all you need so you never have to slow your movement and narrow your vision by using the aiming feature unless you are wanting to use a charging weapon like Coilspine.  It is probably the easiest rogue lite I have played overall.  Dead Cells was a much more difficult game but because it allows save states it ends up being a pretty exploitable experience.

Returnal also has some overpowered weapons that make the game significantly easier like the Electropylon driver and the Hollowseeker with portal beam/turret and serrated projectiles.  There is a strong possibility that this game will have DLC though that could very well be substantially more difficult.  Housemarque generally only does DLC on games that are pretty popular and do well like Dead Nation, Resogun and Alienation though.

Edited by Elegy

1 hour ago, TrophyClipsYT said:

Get used to control and mechanics and it is a 2/10 to finish, especially if you get a half decent gun.

That’s just so damn absurd. So, games like Telltale and all the $.99 cent platinums are a 1/10, but somehow this rougelite is a 2/10? ? Yea, sure buddy. ?

Edited by I-Reaped-U

5 minutes ago, I-Reaped-U said:

That’s just so damn absurd. So, games like Telltale and all the $.99 cent platinums are a 1/10, but somehow this rougelite is a 2/10? 1f602.png Yea, sure buddy. 1f644.png

Each have different skill levels, you might find something hard that I find easy, I might find something hard that you find easy. Your opinion isn't fact.