Would switching from ps5 to ps4 pop trophies retroactively?

Hvalpen

I know people who played the ps4 version say that when they play on ps5 their trophies will pop(assuming they achieved the trophy on the ps4 version). But is this the same if its the other way around? If i start ps5 and then jump to ps4, will it still retroactively pop trophies? Or does it work like GTA V where you can only jump forward in terms of triggering trophies? Can anyone confirm my question for sure? Thanks!

well kind of, you see your account is cross platform so if you meet the requirements for the trophies you just have to do one of the activity to pop the trophy. Say blacksmith 1000 items you would have to make another blacksmith item to pop it.

It will probably work both ways, because the trophies and their progress are tied to in-game achievements. As the post above me states, you will just need to complete the action another single time as you will have already completed the achievements.

You could even hypothetically complete all the progress on a PC account -> unlock all the trophies on a PS5 -> unlock all the trophies on a PS4 if you wished to, but that would require you to have both a PC and PS5/4 copy of the game.

5 hours ago, Griffon234 said:

It will probably work both ways, because the trophies and their progress are tied to in-game achievements. As the post above me states, you will just need to complete the action another single time as you will have already completed the achievements.

You could even hypothetically complete all the progress on a PC account -> unlock all the trophies on a PS5 -> unlock all the trophies on a PS4 if you wished to, but that would require you to have both a PC and PS5/4 copy of the game.

That is exactly how I did my run lmao, I play my mmo's mostly on the PC but got into the XIV Beta on my PS3 so played their first before getting the PC version.