Multiplayer

blinkchester

On 18.5.2021 at 2:24 AM, blinkchester said:

Does anyone else have massive issues with lag in this game? The multiplayer can sometimes be unplayable

I never have issues with my internet but this game reminds me of dial up speeds

I have problems with disconnect since Launch, I can play 2 or 3 games and then I lost contact to the Server.

At first I thought it would be the well-known PS Plus problem when millions of players try to play online at the same time. But even now, 2 weeks after the release, this problem still persists. It's frustrating, especially when I see that the others stayed inside while I had connection issues. I also have lags all the time. Am I the only one with this problem? Maybe it's up to me and my router.

The game is fun online, but if I keep getting disconnected I will stop playing. I don't have such problems in any of my other Online Games.

• Like 1

I'm the same as you. My other online games work fine, yet when playing this I start to question my own internet connection

I've seen so many people time out or lag. Sometimes I can have 5 races in a row where I have no issues at all, othertimes 1 race is almost completely unplayable. I'll glitch from the track into a wall or crash into an invisable car that my lag had placed in the way

I did hook the PS5 up with an ethernet cable to increase my speed even more and that has helped. It seems that no matter how strong my wifi was, it still wasn't good enough for the servers on this game

• Like 1

Yea trying another region makes the game unplayable, yet is the only way to find team races. I havent had such bad connection issues since the early 00's. Invisible walls, clipping, lag, drifting to one side all pretty common with such potato servers. Issues might die down once its off ps plus.

Edited by shoobzwoobz
  • Like 1

I just went for the multiplayer trophy this week and experienced this lag - it was like online gaming from last gen! Not had it that bad for a very long time.

The plus side was that the lag kinda made the game funny. It might send you off on a crazy crash or cause a multi car pileup so it didn’t bother me too much. 

• Like 1