What’s the deal with this game?

MohandGamer7

On 2021-05-22 at 3:16 PM, Danny_Johansen said:

Win rates

I have mentioned before that the win rates are very misleading. When you attack a 10 power unit with a 30 power unit you expect to win 75% of the battles but you don't. The real number for winning this is only roughly 54%.

I am not 100% if the way I calculate this is correct but it gave me results that are very close. So close that I was able to use it for my benefit. When you go into a battle both units get a random number added to their own power and the unit with the higher power after wins. This number I estimated to be randomly between 0-500 so unless someone dives in the code and find the exact numbers, this is the best I could do.

I put these numbers in a formula and made a graph and table out of it.

2735a06e13.png

cc0c2f5fdc.png

4e065ce91d.png

I made most of these kind of quick and for myself so everything is a little messy. To explain how it works is that x is the difference in power between the 2 units. The line shows the odds of winning for the higher units so if it has 200 power more it has an 82% win rate. 82% isn't high enough that you can just attack everything at random. It will lose roughly every 6 battles.

Conclusion

This game is 1 big probability calculation and I had a lot of fun breaking it.

If anyone has any question about it, just ask.

Wow this is an amazing explanation. Thank you very much for your explanation and your time. I’ll definitely check this game out and hopefully finish it. 
sorry for late reply but I didn’t get notified 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

This will be the final post. This strategy is used for earning the 9 misc trophies in the game. The way to earn this wasn't found out by me but by a Japanese player, KKprimitive.

The trophies are for having 5, 10....50 Pack-Llamy's appear. With the right set up this takes roughly 2-4 hours. To give a quick understanding on how this is done. First you take control of the humans in the background. You breed them like rabbits until you have a couple 100 of them and then you have them work the fields. When a field is fully worked on, a donkey will bring the grain to the silo's in the bottom right. When 4 or 5 boxes are collected it will sent out 1 Pack-Llama. Repeat this 50 times and you got all trophies. This has to be done in a single game because the progress doesn't save.

Getting started

The first thing you have to do is find an open spot without enemies and terrain so you have a good view of all the stuff on the background layer. Start the game like any other and escape from the prison. The spot I used for it is at a distance of 962 from the final boss. When you have found a nice spot, get rid of any roaming enemies with the Hero, do not use the King for this. Place the green bar that gives you control over either player 1 or 2 all the way to the right by pressing R1. You want it to be on the table with the pigeons. This prevents you from moving any normal units but still allows controlling the humans in the back.

Control all humans

Now is the time to explain how to control the humans. On the background you will see 4-5 humans spread out on the field. You have to wait until one of them is hit by a flying book. When they have a book above their head they can be controlled. Press up/down/left/right to make it walk in this direction. They will continue to walk in this direction until a new diraction is pressed. Moving them left and right will also rotate the action they will do but that isn't important for now. Just make sure to keep changing the direction every few second or you run the risk of humans despawning. When they stop walking, it means they are doing an action and you have to wait until they are done with it. Make sure to keep changing the direction when this happens or they will despawn. The way to take control over the other humans is by having the human with the book touch them. When taking control over all the humans it is important to keep them clumped together, so if 1 starts an actions and doesn't move you don't want the other to keep moving.

Breed them like rabbits

When bringing all of them together you noticed that a couple new had spawned. The way you get more is by bringing a male and a female together. There is a cooldown on how often they can create a new human so it is best to keep them all on top of each other so it is triggered as often as possible. Try to use only up and down so they stay better together. They will spread out at some point but try to avoid it for as long as possible. The amount of humans will start to skyrocket at point but aim for a minimum of 200 before spreading them out since it will heavily reduce new spawns. If it doesn't lag the game, you don't have enough.

Working the fields

When you have enough humans, it is time to make them work on the fields. By pressing left and right it is possible to cycle through a couple of actions that can be done. One of them is for plowing the fields. By changing the grafics to the "newer" version, it is easier to tell what they do. The humans will sometimes have a mind of their own and do something else. To set them right you want to quickly tap left and right so everyone is working the fields again. You can tell your doing it right when 2 or 4 dots appear on the background. It takes 3 cycles to create 1 box. These are 2 dots, 4 dots and finally a small animation. Do this until all misc trophies have popped.

L4oR2J1.jpg

• Like 4