Importing PS Vita 2k, still a few questions about PSN...

SaphronIX

Never had a Vita but I've always wanted one so I decided to import the new pch-2000 from nippon-yasan. I know there are some complications with using a US PSN account on it, but I'm just wondering how bad it actually is. If I have to just buy retail copies of NA games that's fine. Doesn't feel like I've been able to find up-to-date information on the topic of using a US PSN account on a japanese unit though. All I tend to find is stuff about the Vita release and concerns about importing a launch unit way back when it first hit shelves.

So, any help here? If I already have a bunch of free Vita games claimed on my PSN account, will I be able to download ANY of them or is it just not possible? Either way, I'm excited to get my hands on it.

Edited by SaphronIX

I think US accounts can be used on them but not on VitaTVs, all games in your download list are downloadable on the Vita once you get it.

Hope you're right! I could understand that the Japanese units connect to the JP PSN store so that might cause confusion, but with talk of having multiple memory cards for multiple accounts, it makes me wonder what the hiccup truly is about. And hey, if it turns out I can't download all the stuff on my account I won't have to go buy a laughably expensive memory card just to play them all haha.

Hope you're right! I could understand that the Japanese units connect to the JP PSN store so that might cause confusion, but with talk of having multiple memory cards for multiple accounts, it makes me wonder what the hiccup truly is about. And hey, if it turns out I can't download all the stuff on my account I won't have to go buy a laughably expensive memory card just to play them all haha.

I have a Japanese Vita, 1000 though.

A bit of a delayed post but I got the Vita last week and it's sweeeet. So far I like it a lot more than I ever liked my 3DS XL. Started with a 16gb memory card and it's already feeling tiny haha.

DId PSN go as smoothly as you had hoped.  I've got a LIght Blue PCH-2000 on the way for me to play and review and I was curious about your thoughts.