I cannot vote in guides of some games I own.

When I try to vote guides of some games (for example Call of Duty: Black Ops 3) and Deac Cells I cant. I own all those games were I have issues, In BO3 case it could be because there are like 4 different editions but others I dont really know since they have only 1 version of the game. Any workaround for this?

In the other hand I can vote for games I dont really own like NFS Heat (EA Access).

22 minutes ago, HusKy said:

You have Dead Cells EU in your profile and the guide is attached to US list.

This makes no sense IMHO but I think it is a code-related issue. Also, how do I see which version is the guide attached to? Cannot find anything related to that and when I search the game in both version appears the guide.

26 minutes ago, Hanakondah said:

This makes no sense IMHO but I think it is a code-related issue. Also, how do I see which version is the guide attached to? Cannot find anything related to that and when I search the game in both version appears the guide.

Guides are inherently linked to all games in the region/platform family assigned by the Game Information Team. When the guide system was created, regional stacks, platforms, and variants were rare. They were not made to incorporate such compatibility. Don't forget that many of the site's features were produced before many typical trophy list tropes you see in today's age. So naturally, coding a solution for a problem that was never foreseen to happen is not an easy thing to do. It might sound obvious now, but it was more common to see new platform releases be tacked onto a trophy list rather than see a new list be created for it. To resolve this issue, it requires a system update to make such compatibility possible.

Sly has said in the past that this and other guide related things are on his update list. However, the priority of such an update is unknown to anyone but him. Currently, trophy tracking in guides and voting is only applicable to the version that the guide was created for. Since Sly has formally said such a fix is to be affected eventually, we do not allow porting of guides in addition to other reasons.

Edited by Dreggit